Rain and Nethrim

Lun
CLOK Patron

Rain and Nethrim

Post by Lun »

So, uh, how does that work out? I mean shades and spectres and stuff. Does the rain go right through them, or does it kind of melt on contact?

On a side note, how about them snow-covered spectres?
Kunren

Re: Rain and Nethrim

Post by Kunren »

Lun wrote:So, uh, how does that work out? I mean shades and spectres and stuff. Does the rain go right through them, or does it kind of melt on contact?

I would assume that in most cases the nether slowly eats through any water that falls upon in, freezing it when it can clump such as in snow
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Rain isn't immune to the natural qualities of nether. If a raindrop comes into contact with nether, it'll be eaten away at like most anything else. However ...
As can be seen with a few different examples (snow spectres, salt spectres), these incorporeal nethrim seem to be able to draw certain things to them without necessarily harming or destroying it. This shows that these types of nethrim can manipulate physical matter around them to a degree, at least to draw it toward and focus it around themselves. This may be a natural occurrence, or perhaps it's done consciously as some kind of defense mechanism. It also suggests that these nethrim can come into contact with physical matter without necessarily harming it, if the nether-being desires it. How these things are accomplished is unknown, so don't start throwing out a bunch of sorcerous telekinetic spell ideas or anything. It's more likely a capability of the being itself, and not just some natural quality of nether.

There are also various physical creatures inhabited and animated by these incorporeal nethrim (ghouls, mummies, minor animates, various nether-constructs/golems). This is further evidence of nether coming into contact with physical matter without causing it harm, when desired by the nether-being. Again, it's likely some capability of the nethrim specifically, and not just some toggle switch anyone can do to nether, so I wouldn't get too excited about tossing out spell ideas that involve non-harmful nether. Nobody seems to know how it's accomplished (except the nethrim themselves, of course, and they're not talking).
The lore compels me!
sona

Post by sona »

ve have vays of making them talk. :P
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

Awesome. Thanks for the clarification! Haha, I realize that a lot of things are simply innate abilities of creatures, I was just curious as to how it worked (based on my knowledge of nether)

Return to “General Discussion”