Help with finding my character name?

dark

Help with finding my character name?

Post by dark »

Hello.

I'm really sorry to ask this, and I freely admit I am an utter dope.

I originally registered a female character under the name Darklena. I was asked by the admins to change it, which is absolutely fare sinse I admit I was mostly just trying the game out for purposes of creating the entry on the audiogames.net site database, and it is a bit of a stupid name.

However, then I developed a rather serious and nasty case of the flue, and utterly forgot what name my character had been changed to. Sinse I didn't change the character reference in the client I can't find the new name. I thought it was thesia orthestra or something with a th, but like a total dumb dumb I can't recall.

I do believe an e-mail was registered,dark at x g a m dot org and obviously I found the password to this forum.

I do know what my password was, but I don't seem to be able to find the right name.

My character was as yet an unclassed short woman of the Parr race with red hair and a knack for woodlands skills and staff fighting, I was just playing with fletching and getting good with a boe while I considered what guild to join.

If giving out character information is totally against policy, or if there isn't a way to find my character's name, that is okay, I admit it's my own stupid fault for not changing the character reference in Vipmud or saving one of the logs.

However before I start a completely new character and need to work at raising all my skills again,I thought I would ask just in case.
ore to know, more to see, more to learn. The world is vast and wondrous strange and there are more things benieth the stars than even the archmaesters of the citadel can dream.
There is always more to know, more to see, more to learn. The world is vast and wondrous strange and there are more things benieth the stars than even the archmaesters of the citadel can dream.

(George R R Martin).
Kunren

Re: Help with finding my character name?

Post by Kunren »

dark wrote:Hello.

I'm really sorry to ask this, and I freely admit I am an utter dope.

I originally registered a female character under the name Darklena. I was asked by the admins to change it, which is absolutely fare sinse I admit I was mostly just trying the game out for purposes of creating the entry on the audiogames.net site database, and it is a bit of a stupid name.

However, then I developed a rather serious and nasty case of the flue, and utterly forgot what name my character had been changed to. Sinse I didn't change the character reference in the client I can't find the new name. I thought it was thesia orthestra or something with a th, but like a total dumb dumb I can't recall.

I do believe an e-mail was registered,dark at x g a m dot org and obviously I found the password to this forum.

I do know what my password was, but I don't seem to be able to find the right name.

My character was as yet an unclassed short woman of the Parr race with red hair and a knack for woodlands skills and staff fighting, I was just playing with fletching and getting good with a boe while I considered what guild to join.

If giving out character information is totally against policy, or if there isn't a way to find my character's name, that is okay, I admit it's my own stupid fault for not changing the character reference in Vipmud or saving one of the logs.

However before I start a completely new character and need to work at raising all my skills again,I thought I would ask just in case.
Hopefully some help could be found, but with this particular request I would email it directly to the gm team if at all possible. With all of this information of course, and the password in question. I can't promise the name will be able to be sent out to you, but if you have the password they may consider it I suppose. The email address... Escapes my memory at the moment. I will post it here when I find it if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Ah found it. Email is: clok@contrarium.net
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
dark

Post by dark »

Thanks for that.
I wasn't aware the game's administrators had an e-mail to contact them on, but I've now sent the request along with my character's password.

I am quite prepared either to get a no or find it isn't possible to get the information, in which case I'll just start a new character (with a more sensible name).

while I wasn't exactly amazingly far along experience wise, I had played for a few hours and had advanced some skills, such as I recall having herbalism of 20 or so, so it'd be nice not to loose my progress.

Still as I said, this is entirely my fault for not changing the character reference and if I have to start again that is what I shal do.
ore to know, more to see, more to learn. The world is vast and wondrous strange and there are more things benieth the stars than even the archmaesters of the citadel can dream.
There is always more to know, more to see, more to learn. The world is vast and wondrous strange and there are more things benieth the stars than even the archmaesters of the citadel can dream.

(George R R Martin).
dark

Post by dark »

Okay, all fixed now.
Jerato was able to find my character from my e-mail address, and the name was Trinica.

typically sinse I usually go for characters with a th, the one time I try something different I forget. Oh well, all fixed now and I have updated vipmud, hurrah!

Now actually getting to shoot streight much less successfully carve my own arrows, that is another matter :D.

(George R R Martin).

Return to “General Discussion”