But Generalized Abilities are great!

Lun
CLOK Patron

But Generalized Abilities are great!

Post by Lun »

There's been a lot of complaining and questions and such being thrown around for the past... four days or so, and sometimes we think it goes without saying that the new features are amazing. But sometimes it doesn't, especially when we're so vocal about our misgivings!

So here's a thread dedicated to how awesome Generalized Abilities are.

Tumble! Tumble, man. I can't imagine life without it. In the past it was limited to certain guilds, but now everyone, even Kent, has it.

You're making us make DECISIONS. that's rough, man. Everyone's scrambling to find their optimal build or the best abilities but it's just really, it's just taking it easy and taking what makes you, you.

I really like how with generalization, even though I was brainstorming all sorts of ways to min/max or something, instead I can pick out abilities that'll flesh out who I am as a character, rather than whipping out my masterpiece 1000 woodworking, I'm actually picking the abilities that make me who I am as a character.

I get to be a REAL sorcerer! Not one of those flimsy cryomancer/sorcerers who cheese it all the way. No man, sorcery's the only ability I need!
Last edited by Lun on Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Acarin

Re: But Generalized Abilities are great!

Post by Acarin »

Kudos! Seriously! Kudos!
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

Very great. Kind of awesome to finally see Dorn getting a single ability at all. (Even though they've just been ones to let him keep blacksmithing...) But I still love it!
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

You guys are really the best. It is the BEST thing ever that you get to use us as testers. I love the fact that I can get rid of abilities I've never really used, and find out what the real important ones are. I can see this going a really long ways, and making everyone unique. This is the baseline, the starting point, and many, many good things are to come after this turbulent time. Also, TUMBLE OoOOH YEAH. Blade slap is going to change my love for my brawler into transcendence once I grind my 500 brawlin. Can't WAIT for the new herbalism changes, those are going to rock. I'm just ecstatic about general abilities in general, even loving some of the less popular changes, like dual wielding costing a point now or not being able to charge and trample without and ability. All around, loving it more everyday. thanks.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Solaje

Post by Solaje »

I agree, these abilites are pretty awesome. I'm excited for Solaje to get some of the archery abilities. :)
Laroremas

Post by Laroremas »

I LOVE GENERAL ABILITIES.

EXCELLENT WORK ALL AROUND, BOYS.
qinweiqi

Post by qinweiqi »

Finally had time to log back in and try things out. Generalized abilities are awesome! Mummers kick butt right out of the box now and unguilded characters are enjoying a whooping 18 more abilities than previously available.

Return to “General Discussion”