Generalization - Please allow for full resets

Avedri

Generalization - Please allow for full resets

Post by Avedri »

Generalization is exciting and awesome, the system looks like it is going to support so many different paths and character archetypes. It is also a completely new system that has yet to have been tested by the playerbase at large. There are bound to be mistakes and confusion, not to mention the abilities list is not completed yet.

In light of this, I would ask the staff to please reconsider the unlearn one ability a month until the system is understood by the majority of the populace and the ability list is more fully fleshed out. This is pretty much standard for rollouts in any game that completely iterate on character design and/or talent trees. Ideally, a two week grace period for characters to swap, test and get a feel for the new abilities. I do not see a large risk here as most abilities are associated with a direct skill level correlation, so the majority of characters would not be vastly different.

Thank you again for the system and I hope this request is considered.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Re: Generalization - Please allow for full resets

Post by Lun »

Maybe a limit of 2 full resets per person?
Kent

Re: Generalization - Please allow for full resets

Post by Kent »

I agree Avedri's request.

If a full reset is too much to grant, how about an abbreviation the 30 day unlearn wait to 1 or 2 days during these first few weeks of the rollout?
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822

Return to “General Discussion”