On Loot Boxes

Fayne

On Loot Boxes

Post by Fayne »

So, it has recently come up that there are about three people who have made a habit of collecting a ton of boxes, and sometime in the past two or three days it reached rediculous levels, with the end count after they "got bored" being somewhere around 130 or so. I'm not sure of the exact location of their over-hunting, but this seems like it should be a bug of some kind. In a previous changelog, I saw this: Locked boxes will no longer spawn from slain creatures in over-hunted areas. Doesn't this mean that three people getting over 100 boxes from a single area in on sitting in a single day is a bug? Or is it not a bug, and they're just taking good advantage of working together? Even if it's not a bug, Being able to collect over 30 boxes per person in a single area in one day seems like a bit of overkill, and I'd be okay with numbers getting tweaked to make boxes a bit more rare.
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Re: On Loot Boxes

Post by Lun »

I could understand making them more rare in over-hunted areas, as over 130 seems a bit ridiculous.

However, keep in mind that locksmith PCs need to practice somehow.

*more on that: The difficulty of boxes corresponds to the areas they drop in. Removing boxes from starter areas would restrict new locksmith PCs from appearing or gaining any skill levels. Reducing the drop rate wouldn't impact it so severely. While it may seem ridiculous that three PCs managed to put together several hundred boxes in a day, remember that on normal occasions these 130 boxes are dispersed between many different PCs that travel through starter hunting areas.
Last edited by Lun on Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
vunrad

Post by vunrad »

it was only 25-30 boxes. I had a pile of 139 mallets though
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

And lookie, it's a miscommunication error! 30 seems reasonable for three people through the course of a day to me.
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

I misunderstood. Still, seems like a lot of boxes, and I think I've been getting boxes a lot more commonly than I used to, but they seem a lot less special now. I've almost started to nust leave anything behind that the weigh command says only weighs about 2 pounds, because It isn't going to be worth hanging onto. I'd like to see boxes made more rare, and their loot made a bit more worth opening them for.
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
valmorian

Post by valmorian »

I've noticed for some reason I've had to stock oxes in my vault in the bank because I cant seem to pick any of them
vunrad

Post by vunrad »

Agreed
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

Hmm. Yeah, I think that there is definitely a factor of what you are talking about with less boxes being dropped from overhunted areas, we were getting WAY less boxes by the time we decided to pack up and move on. The riln each enemy gives slowly deteriorates as well.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Lavi

Post by Lavi »

The boxes that are unopenable probably have a higher challenge so the players with more skill will be able to get gains still. As for the amount of boxes, even though there is a lot of boxes, there's a lot of people who can pick them too. NOt sure if it's more than usual, but I don't remember it being any different, but not sure on that.
[ESP-GRAY - Shadowy-Gray]: No no (player) , you were right, it's wonderful. I think I'll send in my application today. I can't wait to partake in the parties there. I just have one question, will I need to kidnap my own child, or will there be some there for those who are un able to.
valmorian

Post by valmorian »

perhaps, but I can open almost none of the ones I find

Return to “General Discussion”