Former player EMail blitz

Makkah

Former player EMail blitz

Post by Makkah »

Was thinking a neat promotion might be to send a "newsletter" type EMail to all the email accounts you have on file from the RECOVER mechanic. Might be a good way to entice some old players back into the fold. There are a few I miss :(
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Sounds like a good idea. There's plenty of players I haven't seen on in a while who I'd like to see back as well.
Avedri

Post by Avedri »

Another good idea to keep track of changes and make it easier for people to follow up might be an archive of changes made by development each week on the website. That way if people have been gone for two months it would be great to click through each week and see what got updated/altered in their absence.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Octavia can sass sassy things now.

[CHAT - Kent the Shade Shatterer]: what do you mean, now?

[CHAT - Matilda]: Is that implying she couldn't before?
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

The bugfix/changelog thread is kind of like that.
Avedri

Post by Avedri »

I didn't even know that existed. =P Look at me, thinking of good ideas already in practice.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Octavia can sass sassy things now.

[CHAT - Kent the Shade Shatterer]: what do you mean, now?

[CHAT - Matilda]: Is that implying she couldn't before?
Makkah

Re: Former player EMail blitz

Post by Makkah »

BUMP!
Jirato

Post by Jirato »

We didn't really have a simple way of doing this back when this post was originally made. Since then we've started keeping track of the last time a character saved, so it wouldn't be completely impossible.

My main concern is that when these players registered their email addresses, they were told it was for account recovery. Sending any kind of promotional emails to them could be viewed as unsolicited. Additionally, we do actually try respect people's privacy, and building such a function to identify unique recipients would reveal a lot of alts and such.

It would be a fun code project that I could probably do fairly effortlessly though, so if a DEV wants it...
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

I thought CLOK actually had a(n optional) mailing list at one point. Am I mistaken? (Totally possible this was another MUD (*winkkiyaaniwink*))

Return to “General Discussion”