Wanted Posters

Makkah

Re: Wanted Posters

Post by Makkah »

faylen wrote: No where did anyone say that it should be justifiable for anyone to kill someone just because they're on a Mistral or Shadgard poster. That seems like a pretty lame pk reason to me no matter who the killer is. I can't really speak for Corvus (sic) of course.
I think this is an important note. For OBVIOUS reasons, in the past 8 months, things have really stagnated for the Outpost. So a lot of the new players really have no clue what it's really about. This stinks on a number of reasons.

Personally, and I play a few really neutral characters, I feel that recent the lack of (non-druidic) disruptive forces is kind of making the game boring. I really miss the Landion-era disruption.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

One of the issues I had with the Landion-era disruptions is that it didn't have a clear goal for the Outpost, in short what there was to gain form the terrible losses. It was nice with the Pre-Outpost disruption as they had a real reasoning and purposes. Any ways, wasn't the last disruption Nether focused? (Also what major Druidic disruptions have there been that have out pushed the others?)
Lufin

Post by Lufin »

Makkah wrote:I feel that recent the lack of (non-druidic) disruptive forces is kind of making the game boring. I really miss the Landion-era disruption.
I'm working on that for you.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Nootau wrote:One of the issues I had with the Landion-era disruptions is that it didn't have a clear goal for the Outpost, in short what there was to gain form the terrible losses. It was nice with the Pre-Outpost disruption as they had a real reasoning and purposes. Any ways, wasn't the last disruption Nether focused? (Also what major Druidic disruptions have there been that have out pushed the others?)
You were not present in the Outpost during these events, so you're unaware of the clear goals. They did exist, but these goals are known by relatively few players.
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

Lufin wrote:
Makkah wrote:I feel that recent the lack of (non-druidic) disruptive forces is kind of making the game boring. I really miss the Landion-era disruption.
I'm working on that for you.
Great to hear.
xavier

Post by xavier »

just to add my two cents on this subject. I agree that even with a sketch there should be no excuse for an outright attack, there needs to be some other justification added to it before it becomes a justifiable CvC encounter. As far as your miniscule justification for attacking people I distinctly remember an encounter we had right outside Keth a while back where you attacked me from hiding simply for not being able to talk, so let's not go there. I've also had encounters with you on other characters none of which I'm complaining about. In fact I'm not even complaining about the attack on Xavier as it did little harm and I found was fun.
I don't particularly like the idea of using the wanted/kill order posters as justification because like was previously stated there is no way to get removed through a justice system. I however see that they can be a necessary part of the town's social defences and I think that they should only apply to finding those people in the town's as previous stated as well. I think that for really bad things you should have a bounty system in place where someone can "sign up" to hunt down that person and bring back proof of the kill (an ear or something) or be given the ability to arrest/detain/restrain that person and drag them back to the town. This would of course erase them from the wanted posters until offense repeated and one kill per crime for the kill order board with possibly a restriction on how many times per time period they can be killed. A smart Corvite wouldn't want to lose the opportunity of letting their target get more riln or other valueables on them before the second hunt anyway. These things could be handled on an individual crime basis as well to decrease the griefing possibilities if needed though so far I feel that most people respect the rules enough not to abuse the system.
Anyway that's just my two cents. have fun
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!

Return to “General Discussion”