What do you like doing in CLOK?

Bryce

What do you like doing in CLOK?

Post by Bryce »

Not what do you like about CLOK, but what do you like doing in CLOK? How do you prefer to spend your time in-game as your character?

Here are some ways I really enjoy spending my time:

Locksmithing for others: It's just fun to me, it makes me feel useful without having to get into combat, it brings in decent money, it brings up opportunities to offer to buy interesting things from the customers that you see them pull out of the boxes, and it's social interaction with other characters.

Bantering with others: I love bantering with people. I like getting into other peoples' personal matters that I don't really have any business getting into. I like being blunt and occasionally rude. I like trying to find a person's line, so I can drive them crazy, but not enough to actually make them upset.

Swearing: I love coming up with CLOK-specific swear phrases and stuff like that. Most of mine involve Serafina in some way, but I'm thinking of branching out some more.

Wayfaring: I like hopping up on my horse and riding around wherever. Just checking things out, seeing what's out there, whether anything has changed, if I might meet people in some of the more out-of-the-way places, stopping by some of the less-frequented inns and taverns and stuff and getting something to eat and drink there that can't be found elsewhere, and gathering sticks up and making a campfire and just playing my harmonica for while.
Lysse

Re: What do you like doing in CLOK?

Post by Lysse »

So, I usually spend my time in different ways depending on what character I'm playing. I'll write this up from the PoV of playing my main Lysse however.

Roleplay Gatherings: So, the biggest reason I started playing Clok again is because I really enjoy the roleplaying I've seen when I popped in once or twice. The Druid Gatherings have been a ton of fun in particular, but everyone I've run across (mostly) in game has been fun to interact and roleplay with.

Crafting: Even though I think the Traders are a dull guild, but I love the crafting system on Clok. It's great to be able to go out and gather up raw materials, and turn them into a set of armor and a weapon.

Survivalism/Bushcraft: This is similar to the 'Crafting' thing. I love the fact that I can walk out into the woods of Clok with nothing in my inventory, and work my way up not only surviving but thriving. It's fun both mechanically and in terms of roleplay to be able to rely almost entirely upon myself.

Wandering: Much like Bryce, I love wandering around. It's fun to check out the wilderness on Clok as it expands, and the new Nether Totems make it more exciting and dangerous. One of the most pleasing things to me is finding a new nook in the Wilds, or some little stream or creek, or even an area that (I imagine) is a beautiful vista to look out on or from.
“I will tell you precisely what Royalty is,” said Intra, “It is a continuous cutting motion.”
Barius

Post by Barius »

Most of my time is spent toying with the various skills; be it crafting, gathering, or combat. I also enjoy casual social interaction when I can find it, although aside from ESP, that is a fairly uncommon occurrence. And to add a third to the list, I also enjoy wandering around and exploring what the world has to offer.
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Stealing from people to further my firestones collection. And my general collection. I have a nice display of things nobody will ever see.
TwistedAkai

Post by TwistedAkai »

I tend to like roleplaying in general. Any time I get a chance to roleplay, though I think I might try some of the things I see in here.

Also fishing.
You also notice the corpse of a canim scavenger (x169).
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

I enjoy exploring and discovering little secrets hidden about. I also like when events are going on to push some of the stories forward. When there are no events and I feel I have thoroughly explored anything of interest then I spend my time improving my skills and experimenting with new abilities and combat methods. When I feel I have done most of that then I just twiddle my thumbs and listen to chat in my home. I guess that is the time that my character sits in a dark corner and ponders the meaning of sad emo poetry.
"No one knows whether death, which people fear to be the greatest evil, may not be the greatest good."
Plato
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Teasing Bisons. And stalking.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I like running events both big and small that cause players to get together so I can watch them all interact as they react.
The lore compels me!
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

By this, he means he likes to watch players die!
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

We all like that.

Return to “General Discussion”