Guild of Thieves recruitment issues

Drayla

Guild of Thieves recruitment issues

Post by Drayla »

I don't mean to bother the good folks who make Clok possible, having IRL lives that sometimes demand they drop Clok from their agenda for a while, but I have encountered a huge frustration that could be a big problem if not addressed. I understand that the means to join the Guild of Thieves was changed a relatively short time ago, and now must be entered through RP. The issue I have found in this is the severe difficulty, if not impossibility, to join the Guild now. I understand why the change was made, and I like the idea, but it doesn't work at this moment in time. You are supposed to be able to join through connections, yet we don't have many thief characters who are consistently online. You May also get the guilds attention somehow, but thieving skills are hard to build without perks, and it wouldn't make much sense for the Guild to be impressed by anything else. The main issue though is fact that a GM is required to accept you and make you part of the Guild, and GMs are not on very often, and are usually very busy when they are. I just request that a different method be made available for the time being, or at least make it clear that the thieves will not be accepting new members for a while. Again, I know everyone is busy and can't just pop on anytime they want and fulfill player requests. I just want something thrown together for now to avoid frustration for the players until the GMs are available more often.
Rias
DEV

Re: Guild of Thieves recruitment issues

Post by Rias »

A good way to establish contact with players or NPCs is to send them mail via the in-game post system. They don't even have to be online at the time, and you can set up meetings from there. If you want to send mail to an NPC, you can send mail to the GM in charge of that NPC or, if you don't know who that is, send an email to clok@contrarium.net with the contents of what your letter to the NPC would have said.

I'll also just say that, assuming your character is who I think it is, you seem to have ignored or missed a few little things that occurred around you in certain places. Keep alert for anything out of the ordinary!
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

I just wanted to say that I really like the way thieves are being handled now. It gives the same sort of feel as entrance interviews for monks/templar, the other completely impossible to get into other guild that won't be mentioned, or the former way Corvus/Shar was handled (possibly others like Utasa as well, although never tried to join). I really enjoy the fact that some guilds are now more restricted and require a bit more devotion to join. Good job Rias/GMs!
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Jaster and I were on at the same time as you the other day. Don't be shy.
xavier

Post by xavier »

ok so i have a friend who came to play Clok after I talked up the fun time I was having on my thief. She wants to join the thieves guild and I coordinated a meeting with her IC and we beat around the bush and did some roleplaying cause I was under the assumption that a player could get a new person into the guild. I don't think there was a GM on at the time and while I was told in the past that you had to get a current thief or impress the guild in order to join I was never told the method/mechanics behind getting another thief to join someone. So my attempt at getting this person who is an excellent role player in my opinion into the guild of her choice, one which she is intent on joining and has already started down that "path" failed this morning because the method wasn't as straight forward as I assumed it would be. so having said all that...
1. is it actually possible for a player to get another player into the guild of thieves?
2. if the answer is yes, how is this done?
3if the answer is no, can someone explain to me, other than mailing an admin at clok@contrarium.net someone is able to start the journey of becoming a thief. I ask this particular question because IC new people don't even know the guildmaster exists much less who they would send a IG letter to, and as was said in a previous post impressing the guild seems like it would take an incredibly long time.
Anyway, I don't expect a public post about this if it's a matter of security and all that, so public or PM either way works for me. thanks for the help either way.
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

I believe it's only possible if a GM is involved in some way. It is all muddled in confusion though, because you're not the first people to have trouble with this. I can't give an explanation for what they are actually looking for to "catch the guild's attention", so I'd like to hear one as well.

Short of getting thrown in jail or noticed by a PC thief who can then vouch for you, I don't know what could possibly get their attention.
xavier

Post by xavier »

so could it be put in there that members of the thieves guild with sufficient guild rank ?5? be able to initiate members or something. I know it has potential for abuse just for the simple fact that it's player controlled, but it's not like someone can't be thrown out later and consequences come down on the person's head that did the initiation. anyway just a thought
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Easiest thing to do is probably get to know a PC thief and have them recommend you to their guildmaster, either in person or via a letter if they can't get ahold of them in person (because GMs aren't available).
The lore compels me!
Gruff

Post by Gruff »

What about an option where the current thief could take the wanna be to the guild master and type <recommend XXX to XXY>? I suppose we'd just have to trust the player base of thieves to do the RP equivalent of vetting for you though, so that's a down side.

Return to “General Discussion”