Death Warning

Rias
DEV

Death Warning

Post by Rias »

Just to warn people, death is soon (hopefully soon, anyway) going to have more powerful consequences. Coming back to life won't be a simple depart/alt-tab-for-2-minutes away. I'm worried that people have gotten used to the joke that death currently is, and I fear the rage that will result from death being more meaningful, but I've let it be little more than a minor inconvenience for far too long.

Some important notes:
- Being "raised" via a Monk or Rook will be by far the superior option. There will be NPC options for this (if someone can get your corpse to the NPCs), but Player Characters who are capable of restoring life to the dead will always be given first dibs.
- It will be an option to choose permadeath, for the hardcore and the dramatic.
- There will be no way to come back to life completely on your own. You will need, at the very least, the assistance of an NPC at some point.
- There will be no means of coming back to life that isn't in some way supernatural.
- The Rook version of life restoration will be out before this change goes into effect.
** The Rook version will require the "Life Path" option, a split similar to Elemancers choosing their mastery element.
The lore compels me!
Karn

Post by Karn »

Cool.

Death did seem a bit.. out of place, compared to other things. Seemed like the only consequence was some riln for injuries, and maybe equipment repair.
Avedri

Post by Avedri »

[quote=Rias]
- The Rook version of life restoration will be out before this change goes into effect.
** The Rook version will require the "Life Path" option, a split similar to Elemancers choosing their mastery element.[/quote]

HECK YES.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Octavia can sass sassy things now.

[CHAT - Kent the Shade Shatterer]: what do you mean, now?

[CHAT - Matilda]: Is that implying she couldn't before?
Collins

Post by Collins »

May I suggest that new players have some type of exemption or more lenient consequences until they gain like 50 skill levels or something, when this is implemented?

Our new population seems to die the most simply due to inexperience, and I'd hope not to scare them away from the game the first time they decide that a bison looks especially cuddly.
hadesfire

Post by hadesfire »

maybe more than 50 because a lot of training choices for guilds give them 50 skill in whatever right off the bat.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Guild skills don't count against the points afaik.

Return to “General Discussion”