Welcome

Rias
DEV

Welcome

Post by Rias »

I've noticed a few people pop by every now and then, so I figured I'd make a welcome post.

Welcome to CLOK. It's still in the alpha stages, but it's coming along. Unfortunately, this means not all features and systems are fully functioning yet. On the positive side, this means player input and suggestions are being taken greatly into consideration for new and updated systems, so players have a big chance of having their ideas implemented in the game.

The overall goal of CLOK is to be a fun, relatively open-ended game without character 'levels' and with very few guild/class restrictions. There will be some specialty skills or abilities that only members of certain guilds can use, but I'm hoping to get out of the restricted role idea of "You're a healer, so you can't do well in combat" or "You're a weapons and armor user, you can't use spells." Guilds will accelerate skill gain in their associated skills, but all general skills will be open to everyone, regardless of their guild affiliation.

Skills will increase by practice, not by "level," so in order to advance in a particular skill, you simply use it often and try to keep yourself challenged to learn more. If you don't have any particular interest in combat, you can advance your non-combat skills without the typical RPG task of having to "go out and kill stuff for EXP." If at some point late in your adventuring career you decide you want to start picking up some combat skills, grab a sword and go practice on some critters or monsters of like combat skill levels (which is to say, little to no combat ability). Just because you've advanced to legendary levels in, say metal-smithing and herbal healing, doesn't mean you have to inexplicably hunt legendary monsters because of some arbitrary "level" number tacked to your character.

If you're interested in taking part in game development, post about it or send me a PM. I can also be reached via AIM at LastMinutePrayer. I could use some assistance in the following areas:

- Area Development (designing/mapping areas, "painting" the rooms, and so on)
- Roleplay verb ideas and messaging
- Guild ideas and unique skill/ability sets
- Anything else you'd like to suggest or request
The lore compels me!
Sirridan

Post by Sirridan »

Nifty, this looks like an interesting project.

Return to “General Discussion”