Oddities with layers?

Emerson

Oddities with layers?

Post by Emerson »

I'm curious as to why I can't wear a jacket or coat with torso armor, but I can wear a surcoat or tabard over it, and a shirt under it.

[img=breastplate yo]http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Medieval-Armor-Jacket-Breastplate-Wearable-Tough-Warrior-Suit-Costume-/00/s/NTc1WDQ4MA==/$T2eC16ZHJHwE9n8ii1NbBQYpSMhYiw~~60_35.JPG[/img]

What about this stops a person from putting on a coat or jacket? I imagine it being more worn over the shoulders and arms, not closely around the torso like armor.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I'm assuming it's because surcoats and tabards are specifically designed to be worn over armor, while a typical coat or jacket is presumably more tailored to be worn over nothing more than a shirt or tunic and fitted differently. When I hear jacket or coat, I don't expect to see the considerable bulk of rigid protective gear under it. I would expect one to wear a surcoat in that case instead.

I'm not the layered clothing guru, so treat this as just another opinion/guess.
The lore compels me!
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

That's pretty much right.
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
Emerson

Post by Emerson »

I guess my opinion is quite different. I don't really think that makes sense at all.

[img=coat/jacket]http://images.madeinchina.com/B3680FA3A734CDABE040007F01005206/688/7843688_2/Mens-Jackets-Coats-Men-Winter-Long-Coat-Men-Trench_7843688_2.bak.jpg[/img]

It seems to me that this would easily be worn over a breastplate or cuirass. Full plate armor with big pauldrons, maybe not, but surely not just a simple breastplate.

PS. I now want that jacket for Emerson!
Last edited by Emerson on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lemuel

Post by Lemuel »

[quote=Emerson]

It seems to me that this would easily be worn over a breastplate or cuirass. [/quote]

Should be at least able to put it on over the cuirass, but maybe not button it. In practical terms, it should mean that others looking are you are able to see both the cuirass and the longcoat.
Last edited by Lemuel on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- locksmith Lemuel 'I do all my own stunts.'

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822

Return to “General Discussion”