Requesting advice on writing a blacksmithing guidebook.

Moon_Dew

Requesting advice on writing a blacksmithing guidebook.

Post by Moon_Dew »

I was thinking, later in the game of course, to write a guidebook for blacksmithing, along the lines of Laedrianna "A Healer's Guide to Herbalism". I already have some basic idea on how the skill works, but I'm more than willing to take advice, as the topic name implies.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

I am afraid I have no experience in blacksmithing, but I would like to simply encourage you to work on this project. Guides are always useful, and it is good to see works written by players be added to the game world. It gives the sense that the players have an impact on the world.

As a suggestion to the GMs, perhaps it would be possible to STUDY these books for a training bonus in the related skill, even if only up to a fairly low skill cap.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!
Kenionatus

Post by Kenionatus »

I'd be really interested in a guide to blacksmithing. But because I need the guide, I can't really give advice :(
Noctere

Post by Noctere »

There isn't an in game book written yet but we do have this on the wiki.

http://wiki.contrarium.net/index.php/Blacksmithing
It's not easy being evil...
hadesfire

Post by hadesfire »

talk to Ardor, he knows everything about blacksmithing and mining. (pretty much)
Stuhilly

Post by Stuhilly »

I know alot about it too... it's the reason I'm taking a break from the game :)
hadesfire

Post by hadesfire »

yeah but Ardor has gotten more nerfs done to traders dealing with blacksmithing than he's made actual blacksmithing items
Sales-Cart Merchant

Post by Sales-Cart Merchant »

The fellow who supplies me with my wares has brought me a book to sell. It is a guide on blacksmithing. He says he has more copies if it sells. It costs 500 riln which is how much blank books cost over in the Mistral Lake Bookstore, don't ask me how he intends to make a profit.

Anyways, my cart is in the Shadgard commons, please stop by and take a look at my wares.
Last edited by Sales-Cart Merchant on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ardor

Post by Ardor »

That book is also giving away a trader formula worth 5000 riln. Which is why I confiscated it.
[FROM Rithiel (OOC)]: Be careful what you wish for.

Return to “General Discussion”