Weekly OOC Workshops

Lysse

Weekly OOC Workshops

Post by Lysse »

I had a general idea that I thought I would share, to see if there is any interest from the community, particularly the new people. I was wondering if there would be any interest in a weekly workshop held in the OOC area regarding combat on the MUD. The general format would be a little talk, for any questions anyone would have, followed by some time in the arena for practical demonstrations and small skirmishes.

If anyone is interested please let me know either through a PM or on this thread, though I would ask that anyone that's an older player that wanted to tag along to either create a new character to be on par with everyone else, or be prepared not to simply slaughter everyone in the arena.
“I will tell you precisely what Royalty is,” said Intra, “It is a continuous cutting motion.”
Evelyn

Post by Evelyn »

I like this idea a lot, and can be on hand to offer advice too. :)
The Rig-Jarl Bjorn gives you a bone-crushing bearhug.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

As a stealthy type, I'd be willing to assist in providing combat advice to other stealthy types or brawlers.
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
Ardor

Post by Ardor »

As a trader I'd be willing to tell you how to... ah scew that, I cannot fight.
[FROM Rithiel (OOC)]: Be careful what you wish for.
Hadya

Post by Hadya »

I think it would be nice. If you end up doing this, maybe you could advertise it on the main page so that the newest people wouldn't miss it. Getting new players to interact with this community in any way will help you retain people.

In the other MUD I played, there were rooms called "nodes" that allowed you to absorb exp. faster when you rested in them. Yesterday I was thinking that if there was some benefit to resting in the common areas, it might encourage people to interact more. I don't know what that would look like, or what kind of benefit you would get, so it was just a thought.

I have noticed that people in Clok are welcoming and friendly, so the above wasn't meant as a criticism. If I'm on during the day I don't rest in common areas, because I often have to leave the computer suddenly. So maybe that's what everyone else is doing as well?

Anyway! Good idea Lysse.
Last edited by Hadya on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

Thank you everyone that's shown an interest. As of right now, I believe the way I'll be handling this is on a case by case basis, and running the workshops on request, and asking if anyone is currently interested in a workshop when I have some free time.
“I will tell you precisely what Royalty is,” said Intra, “It is a continuous cutting motion.”
hadesfire

Post by hadesfire »

awesome, i'll try to be target dummy if i'm on at the time.
Lysse

Re: Weekly OOC Workshops

Post by Lysse »

I'm just bumping this thread up, so that anyone new to the game that reads the forums is aware of my offer. It still stands. If I'm on the MUD and I have my Mentor flag on, please feel free to ask me if you're interested in a combat workshop.

Return to “General Discussion”