Carving, engraving, sculpting

Slaidh

Carving, engraving, sculpting

Post by Slaidh »

What about carving, engraving, and sculpting stone? Things like statues, statuettes (travel-size!), engraving images or words into stone items, and stuff like that? After the lore on the Mountain Father I would love to be able to do this stuff.
Elma exclaims, "Let a woman rest, burn you!"
Elma hurls a bolt of flame at a limping infested merchant. Fireball hits the eyeball, vaporizing it and much more.
Note: Don't bother Elma while she's resting.
Slaidh

Post by Slaidh »

I guess we would have to be able to quarry to do this. It could be based on mining but we'd need stone materials like granite, limestone, things like that. We could have a different command, QUARRY, to be used to get blocks of stone, instead of MINE. But basing it on the mining skill I think would make sense, or have a quarryig skill but have skill in mining give a partial bonus as well and probably vice-versa.
Last edited by Slaidh on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elma exclaims, "Let a woman rest, burn you!"
Elma hurls a bolt of flame at a limping infested merchant. Fireball hits the eyeball, vaporizing it and much more.
Note: Don't bother Elma while she's resting.
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

I'd love something like this. More RP/Art related craft skills always seem neat to me. And I'm always up for adding new stones and minerals to the game. It'd be neat if a stonecrafting skill determined how well you can work with certain materials.
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate
Skjotur

Post by Skjotur »

This would be awesome.
Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy.
-Hamlin Garland
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

Take ages though. Also...For shiny stone statues use wax.
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

It might be nice to have soapstone in the game that can be carved. It would be reasonable that knapping and perhaps woodworking would be what determines the quality of objects carved of soapstone, since it's such a soft material. It could be used to carve the same trinkets and toys as woodworking, as well as perhaps beads that can be added to necklaces and bracelets.
“There is always a choice."
"You mean I could choose certain death?"
"A choice nevertheless, or perhaps an alternative. You see I believe in freedom. Not many people do, although they will of course protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.”

Return to “Stonecrafting”