Carved haft termination

Nobody

Carved haft termination

Post by Nobody »

Woodworking no longer includes hafts as an option due to numerous exploitative mechanics and the new forging system replacing them. Old hafts should still be usable with the new system but woodworkers are encouraged to supply carved staves for blacksmiths instead. -- Noctere 13:17, 12 September 2019 (PDT)
I believe there may have been a small oversight here. Knapped axe-heads, spear-heads, and hammer-heads rely on carving a wooden haft (they are very flexible as to variety), and then attaching the two with a binding using the attach command. I'm not in a hurry to complain about it, I think I have enough to last a while, but long term I would very much appreciate continuing to not rely on metal tools when I play my druidy character. Thank you!
Math321

Re: Carved haft termination

Post by Math321 »

Perhaps making a Woodworking option for wooden hafts that are only compatible with knapped heads would fix this problem?
Characters I play:
Quintin, the Artisan.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Math321 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:23 pm Perhaps making a Woodworking option for wooden hafts that are only compatible with knapped heads would fix this problem?
Or simply changing carved staves to be the substitute item. I'm not really picky, and again, not in a hurry about it.

Edit to add: or using carved walking-sticks as hafts for handaxes and battle-hammers and a staff or quarterstaff as a haft for spearheads. I like that option because it still requires doing more woodworking than just striping the bark.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Noctere wrote: woodworkers are encouraged to supply carved staves for blacksmiths instead.
Does that mean that woodworkers just make a "stave" item now instead of a specific type of haft, and the stave works as a wooden haft for any weapon head so the old specific-type hafts are obsolete?
The lore compels me!
Noctere
Coder

Post by Noctere »

It means that to make a wooden hilt or haft via forging, you will need a wooden stave.
It's not easy being evil...

Return to “Stonecrafting”