The Gaea Reformed

Vinz

The Gaea Reformed

Post by Vinz »

After some discussion with Jirato, we have decided to change how the Gaea works wholesale.

The old system has been completely removed and the new shiny system is up and running. So this will lead a lot of you to ask, "Well, what has changed." To answer simply, a lot. The full intricacies won't be revealed but it is to say now that the Gaea is a lot more dynamic and fair, but we have the return of druidry feedback.

Oh nos! You say, druidry feedback?! You mean we take energy damage from the Gaea getting angry again? Yes, and truth be told its actually significantly more dangerous now. However, its also MUCH harder to get to that point. You will notice soon that the Gaea doesn't slap all of the druids the moment there is a distress (Which is actually less random, so no one should be complaining that i only did X once!) . The Gaea will give time to protect it. Should communes trigger frequently in the same place, people will be getting some harm and if it goes on for long enough, all kinds of interestingly terrible things could happen! However, I do want to stress (Hah ha! Stress!) again, it is much harder to get to that point than it was before.

With this change, druidry itself will be changing too. These changes will be released (When I'm done coding/updating them) they will include some new bonuses and some new penalties based on this new system as well as new wholesale powers. Its always been an interest of mine to reform the basis of druidry here and I am glad to have been given the chance to do it. Except to see more in the future with more love for druidry as a whole!

-Vinz
-*- GM Vinz -*-
Haite says, " ...Diamonds are also hard, really really freaking hard."
Fayne

Re: The Gaea Reformed

Post by Fayne »

Does this mean I'll be losing my druidry abilities permanently, or will I still have the same abilities, just updated, or how will that work?
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Vinz

Post by Vinz »

This means that druidry powers are going to be changed. If you have them then you won't lose them. You will not be able to get new powers without being apart of whatever guilds get them of course. So more or less they will all be updated.
-*- GM Vinz -*-
Vinz

Post by Vinz »

The Udemi of the Tse Gaiyan are no longer trained to be able to channel the third channel of druidry.

So what does this mean?

Funnily enough, not a whole lot. The third channel of druidry didn't actually do anything outside of speeding up channeling gains and for two powers which gave them a -slight- advantage. From my research most Udemi didn't actually meet the skill requirements for the third channeling of druidry anyway and this will solidly cement the idea that Udemi as guests at the table that is druidry, not the ones who set the bar. This lack of the "deepest" connection to the Gaea will also come with a few perks for dealing with the Gaea in general (mostly less energy drain than other guilds for when the Gaea is upset.)

I'm still going to be tweaking the commune/Gaea responses so if you see something funny, do send me a message. Otherwise I am working on a few new things for all druids to utilize that will make the Gaea actually feel a bit more alive.
-*- GM Vinz -*-
Vinz

Post by Vinz »

People with the cultivate task now get druidry gains from completely these tasks. This is an attempt to move druidry away from gains exclusively from attacking things with the Gaea's gift. Any more suggestions would be welcomed, I have a few more things in mind but I'm open to more suggestions. Helping the Gaea should give more of a connection to it. Look forward to more Gaea / Druidry updates!
-*- GM Vinz -*-
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

Vinz wrote:People with the cultivate task now get druidry gains from completely these tasks. This is an attempt to move druidry away from gains exclusively from attacking things with the Gaea's gift. Any more suggestions would be welcomed, I have a few more things in mind but I'm open to more suggestions. Helping the Gaea should give more of a connection to it. Look forward to more Gaea / Druidry updates!
This is awesome man, I've always wanted to see magic gains away from combat, and this looks like the first step for druidry at least.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

What about animal taming?

I've always seen that as a conflicting aspect of druidry and am curious about how it changed if at all.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."

Return to “Druidry”