Minor Taming

faylen

Minor Taming

Post by faylen »

So I got this ability today and decided to play with it. As a result of that I have a bug report, and a question.

to see how it all worked, I went out and tamed a fox. I did this twice with the same results. I hid, hunted and a fox showed up. The first time I did not unhide, the second time I did. with druidry up I cast 704 fox. I got the message about it sauntering over to me, then I got the command execution failed message. The second time, when I wasn't hiding, the fox then joined me.

My second question may or may not be related to the bug, but is there a way to get the tamed animal to do things, or does the ability only get them to follow you and fight when you do? I tried using the minion command and it said I had no minions, but I'm not sure if that's because it doesn't work with this ability, or because that bug message I got was related to it failing to assign the fox as a minion.
Lysse

Re: Minor Taming

Post by Lysse »

For the second portion, as far as I'm aware the tamed animal doesn't count as a minion. All they do is follow you around and help you by fighting things that are flagged as aggressive to you.
“There is always a choice."
"You mean I could choose certain death?"
"A choice nevertheless, or perhaps an alternative. You see I believe in freedom. Not many people do, although they will of course protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.”
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Weird bug.

Lysse is correct regarding the second part - they're not your minions, they don't have any kind of ongoing mental link with the druid - they just feel a temporary surge of loyalty to you. They're also animals, as opposed to human servants/hirelings or what essentially boils down to mind-controlled revived humans (Rook animates), so they're not particularly apt to obeying specific commands from humanfolk.
The lore compels me!
faylen

Post by faylen »

Ok, that makes sense. I wasn't sure what counted as a minion here, as each game seems to handle familiars/pets/whatever differently and I couldn't find much info on it. Neat ability either way. With that clarification, the ability seems to be working properly, it just gives that error message in the process. I've seen this other places too, particularly when buying specific items where the purchase happens as expected but throws out an error message. Those I reported using the game bug command.

Thanks for the input.
Fay
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Oh, pssssst. I made it so you can increase your tamed-animals-count cap with more Druidry skill. It takes a lot, though.

Now I'm waiting for a druid to utilize an animal army with this spell. I know you guys are picky about when you'd want to control animals and put them in danger and all that, and as druids you should be so I thank you for that, but still. I'm envisioning some awesome when a worthy opportunity presents itself.
The lore compels me!
faylen

Post by faylen »

Oh now that's awesome. I haven't done much more than play with it yet since my druidry is still low enough that the creatures don't stay tamed long enough to do much. I probably should focus on finding a good way to raise that skill besides just rooting the heck out of weak enemies now that I'm getting into some of the more advanced abilities.

But yeah, facing a big foe with an army of bears, wolves and bison sounds like quite an experience!

Return to “Druidry”