Gaining Druidry

Lysse

Gaining Druidry

Post by Lysse »

The discussion of non-combat based ways of learning Elemancy got me to thinking, it would be nice if there were non-combat ways of learning Druidry. It may, perhaps, be easier to balance the learning of druidry without combat versus other magic skills, due to the fact that it's applications aren't entirely combat based, and the spells that directly influence combat are limited.

It may be appropriate to gain a bit of druidry (a point, or even fraction of a point) for turning in a Cultivation task. This would probably be fairly easy to code.

The other idea I had would be for there to be special totems, or even very old trees, in out of the way places that a Druid could go to to commune for a few minutes, that might result in a few points of druidry. It shouldn't be something repeatable very often. Maybe a couple of times a week.
“There is always a choice."
"You mean I could choose certain death?"
"A choice nevertheless, or perhaps an alternative. You see I believe in freedom. Not many people do, although they will of course protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.”
Aerotine

Re: Gaining Druidry

Post by Aerotine »

I'd be interested to know if Devs would be inclined to give skill for cultivation tasks, it falls along the same line as elemental surveying but they've stated that they wont add skill ups to tasks for elemancers until they have pyro and aero tasks.

Totem idea is pretty interesting as well, kind of along the same lines as the labs or classes.
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

In general, you'll never see us giving skill gains for something that has no challenge or chance to fail (which means professions may see some serious decreasing marginal returns at some point).
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

That's understandable.
“There is always a choice."
"You mean I could choose certain death?"
"A choice nevertheless, or perhaps an alternative. You see I believe in freedom. Not many people do, although they will of course protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.”
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Does that mean Thaumaturgy and Channeling are going to be changed or are they exceptions to the rule?

Return to “Druidry”