Gathering ritual ideas

Skjotur

Gathering ritual ideas

Post by Skjotur »

Since we have a lot of druids these days, what do you guys think about coming up with some RP gathering rituals? Just for some fun RP and more reasons to get together. It would also be cool to see the differences in rituals when representatives of different organizations are leading. I'll post some examples when I have them more thought out.
faylen

Re: Gathering ritual ideas

Post by faylen »

I definitely like the concept. I was also thinking there could be more formal discussion, like a round table type of thing to promote deeper thinking on certain topics and sharing of perspectives. Kind of a slightly more formalized version of what happened earlier maybe?
Skjotur

Post by Skjotur »

Something like this maybe:

1. Gather together in a pretederminted place. We can set designate different groves and other places each time.
2. Someone performs a brief RP druidic ritual. People can come up with their own or choose from some we can all discuss and establish beforehand.
3. Discussion of recent events and concerns.
4. Discussion and sharing of different druidic views, perspectives, and stuff like that.

We would have to keep things brief so people don't get bored. I think it would be real cool though.
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

Some kind of gatherings could be great for RP. I've been thinking of ideas for gatherings, and I've gotten a few thoughts straightened out in my mind about them

It might be neat to set regular meetings, perhaps in response to specific events in the game. The first thing that came to mind would be 'holidays'. By this, I mean days that would be significant to druids. Perhaps when the Great Pine constellation is at it's brightest, that might warrant a gathering to celebrate the Gaea. Or perhaps private ceremonies to celebrate the Bear, Boar, and Wolf when their constellations are at their brightest, followed by druid hosted festivals open to the public for each respective spirit. The Summer and Winter equinoxes could be neat times to celebrate as well. If we had a bit more lore about the different holidays in Clok, we might be able to organise some things related to these. Maybe even hosting a celebration to Vodr, in thanks for the shaping of the world that the Gaea brought to life.

Outside of "religious" (I use the term loosely) celebrations, perhaps regular monthly meetings to discuss the affairs of the Gaea. Each meeting could be used to plan out potential events for the rest of the month (including the next monthly meeting), discuss concerns for the Gaea and the Wilds, bring news, and to bring new ideas to the group.

Return to “Druidry”