Totems - Druidry

Slaidh

Post by Slaidh »

Sorry for feeding the troll, guys. Should have known better.
Elma exclaims, "Let a woman rest, burn you!"
Elma hurls a bolt of flame at a limping infested merchant. Fireball hits the eyeball, vaporizing it and much more.
Note: Don't bother Elma while she's resting.
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

No worries, Slaidh. That's why I stopped arguing with him. It's pointless.
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

[quote=Slaidh]Sorry for feeding the troll, guys. Should have known better.[/quote]

Apparently expressing an opinion is considered trolling.
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

Let's keep it positive guys. We're all adults here.
[CHAT - Lil' Skittles GM Zoiya escalates quickly]: *hugs Kent*
[CHAT - Kent "Gunney" Gunderman]: *gingerly hugs back*
[CHAT - Grandmaster Ardor will be NOM'd by a drakolin]: You can give Zoiya a bearhug Kent, she can handle it.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Thanks Zoiya.
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
Skjotur

Post by Skjotur »

These are cool ideas, including the retribution for defacing a totem. I don't think it's going to lose its properties the instant someone touches it with an axe or something, t's not an intricate mechanical communication station and the animal spirits are using it like a camera to see what's going on. All the totem does is draw the attention of the animal spirits to the area. Ruining the totem isn't going to make them suddenly go away or ignore what's happening to it.

The animal spirits aren't going to be too scared of a human or too worried about casualties to send feral beasts after someone who is performing a violent and destructive act against the spirits or nature. You can trust a Dunwyr on this.
Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy.
-Hamlin Garland
Skjotur

Post by Skjotur »

I was thinking earlier while leaving a message for someone, what about totems being able to be used as something like a limited version of the post office, for those who can't or won't use the regular post office. It wouldn't be as good, much less convenient, but still useful for notifications.

So say I carve my totem, and I place it in a hidden grove. I could set it to be discoverable by commune. So other druids could do something like COMMUNE TOTEMS and it would say,

You briefly come into contact with the following totems:
A carved coyote totem in the Grove of Mysteries area (whatever, just as an example)

Then those druids would know where my totem was.

Anyone who knows where the totem was could go there, and while holding an item, tap the totem. That would make a slight connection to the item, maybe only items made of plant or bone or animal hide would work, and add it to my notifications as long as it remains in the same room as the totem. So I log in sometime later and do COMMUNE TOTEMS and it would show after the list of totems:

You get the feeling there is something for you at your totem.

I would then know to go to my totem's location and check what has been left there for me by someone else. Once I pick it up (or anyone else does) or it is somehow moved from the room in any other way, that connection is broken and it wouldn't notify for that item anymore.

I know it's complicated but I thought it was a cool idea, just wanted to throw it out there.
Last edited by Skjotur on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy.
-Hamlin Garland

Return to “Druidry”