Druidry Q and A

Reynard

Druidry Q and A

Post by Reynard »

Druidry doesn't seem to have it's own thread/forum, but I have some questions (some of which I have had for a while), so I made one. Thanks in advance!

If/when regen powers come out, would these be limited to friendly (or at least non-hostile) animals?
Has any characterization for Gaea been decided?
Does Gaea have a gender/sex?
Is the description of Gaea intentionally vague? (Er, this might make those last two irrelevant.)
Does Druidry ever create matter?
Does channeling Druidry make you susceptible to hostile Druidry spells?
-> put meat in pan
You can't put anything inside the pants.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Yay for Q and A sessions!

Q: If/when regen powers come out, would these be limited to friendly (or at least non-hostile) animals?
A: Any animals, and to a lesser extent, the druid him/herself

Q: Has any characterization for Gaea been decided?
A: No. The Gaea can't really be characterized, other than perhaps "enigmatic". One certainly shouldn't try to anthropomorphize it as an entity.

Q: Does Gaea have a gender/sex?
A: See above. Note it's usually referred to as "the Gaea" rather than just "Gaea."

Q: Is the description of Gaea intentionally vague?
A: Yes.

Q: Does Druidry ever create matter?
A: Hoping to be able to believably say "no" to this. It provides power and energy that can speed up growth (see Tangle Root, small stringy root turns into huge thick strong root), but doesn't create or conjure matter.

Q: Does channeling Druidry make you susceptible to hostile Druidry spells?
A: A dynamic like this has been considered, but not decided on.
The lore compels me!
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Someone was asking about Druidry the other night and no one seemed to know anything about it. I'm glad this got started =D
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

Just let me get this straight -- Udemi are the only ones that get access to Druidry?
Kunren

Re: Druidry Q and A

Post by Kunren »

So, was gonna make a new topic but this one seems about perfect to ask this in. There are general ways to define what you are doing magic wise right? With elemancy you are channeling your will through certain paterns to create imitation matter( I think that's close to right) which disappears when your concentration fails. With sorcery, you are bending(creating as well? Focusing ambient nether might be a better way to say that...) a naturally occuring sort of "antimatter" (I know it's not but I can't think of a better term) using pure willpower. With thaumaturgy you are focusing something similar to the soul but other? I mean inner light of course, but i wanted to find a better way to describe it.. Anywho, what exactly are you doing when you are doing druidy?
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

Tapping into the planetary consciousness? Accessing the shared life-force of every living being? It's Enigmatic but I think it's something like that...
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

Hmm~ kinda figured it was something like that. Let's see.. Ok, though it is enigmatic, you could say then that druidry Is like connecting to the soul of the world? Or at least the life energy of living things? Then, as sorcery(or nether to be more exact) can taint the soul of something, would it be possible for a Druid to first connect to the life energy of the things around himself, then, (assuming of course he is skilled in sorcery) use nether to directly taint the life energy of the things he is connected to? Creating monstrous abominations perhaps? Heheheh. Perhaps this drudic sorcerer could use his dual connectings to his abominations(druidry as normal, sorcery by controlling the nether residue, as skilled rooks can do to wild nethrim) to cement an even deeper control over the creature than normally possible with either druidry or sorcery alone?
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

Well yes. And then the Gaea would scream so freaking loud every druid in the WORLD would come hunt him down. And if they find out he's undying they'd probably lock him in a small room and leave him there... FOREVER.
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

That said, do give it a go. How that would effect the local pure elemental samples interests me.
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

Would totally give it a go if I had a Druid char. One with the right state of mind, at least. I can see a Druid getting into nether, it's a natural occurring thing right? And it's even "living" kinda. But I also really don't know why Druids have problems with the resin.. It's a fungus, so technically a part of nature. Sure it's out of control, but other natural species do that in the right environment. It would make more sense to me to have the general thought on it be "keep the resin controlled so it doesnt mess up the balance of the ecosystem" rather than "RESIN DETECTED. ERADICATE! We must destroy it completely, stamp it out til it's extinct!"
Lacie

Post by Lacie »

Not all druids have a problem with the resen, the Tse Gaiyan have a problem with the resen.

Not all Tse Gaiyan are druids, and not all druids are Tse Gaiyan. Not all Tse Gaiyan are completely fixated on battling the resen and nothing else.

I don't think resen has ever been confirmed or denied as a 'part of nature'. I think that's something a character should seek to figure out ICly. Humans are part of nature, yet cause the Gaea distress, so you could argue either way on the necessity of destruction/control. You should probably also handle this ICly.

Also:
http://wiki.contrarium.net/index.php?title=Dunwyr

As they are one of the few guilds left that actually have secrets kept, that's all I'm going to put.
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

Ah thank you, I had forgotten not all Druids were tse gaiyan and vice versa. But I thought one of the major tenents of the guild was fighting the resin? As for the dunwyr link, that's so cool! I had heard the name before but never knew there was a wiki page. Gah guess I need to scour the wiki harder.

As for asking icly, already planning on it soon as I get wifi back. Should be really fun. Wish I could speak to a non-tse gaiyan affiliated Druid, would be interesting to see their thoughts on things.
Lacie

Post by Lacie »

All Tse Gaiyan should be interested in fighting the resen, as battling infestations and plagues is one of the reasons the organization exists, but that doesn't necessarily mean that's all they have to care about. Besides the Tse Gaiyan being more in depth than that, hopefully most characters are more in depth than that.

All characters are free to take it differently. Some might advocate controlling the resen to a point where it is a balanced part of the Gaea, some may wish to destroy it completely. But that's more of a Tse Gaiyan Q & A thing.

The point is, druidry doesn't really have a correlation with resen-hating. The Udemi that also happen to be druids hate the resen, and the other druids can handle it however they decide to.

Return to “Druidry”