Pelt Properties

Elystole

Pelt Properties

Post by Elystole »

Does it matter which pelts we use in leatherworking?

I'm assuming that drakolin hides and scales have special properties (though I don't know what they are), but what about other pelts? Is there any reason to risk life and limb getting pelts from more dangerous creatures when pelts from things we can slaughter with impunity will suffice?

In metalworking, the metal you use matters a lot. Copper, bronze, iron, steel, bloodglass, cobalt, sunsteel, celestium... All of those things have different properties which make them valuable. It'd be nice to see something similar for leatherworking even if it is just that more dangerous critters have tougher hides which make more durable or protective armor.
You overhear the following rumor:
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
Rias
Lore Hermit

Re: Pelt Properties

Post by Rias »

As it is now, I believe only drakolin scales have different properties when being used for armor. I started a little list a while back of different pelts that could have slight modifies to quality when used as armor. Shardlings are one of the creatures being considered for having some minor bonuses. I don't think they can even be skinned at the moment, however. I think basilisks was another, and there were a few more, too. I'm a little disorganized at the moment so I can't find where all the notes are, but yeah, this is on the "would be cool to implement" list.
The lore compels me!
Elystole

Re: Pelt Properties

Post by Elystole »

Sweet.
You overhear the following rumor:
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."

Return to “Leathercrafting”