The price of color

Acarin

The price of color

Post by Acarin »

Can this be looked at again? The new colors are great but the price has gone up by about 5 fold. Maybe some differentiation in price between common colors and the specialty colors? Not complaining or anything (I'm fine with it if it stays the same) but it does seem a bit high considering you use almost a whole vial making some of the larger leather pieces like breastplate.
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

I upgraded these so I'll respond here.

Colors that are not common will cost you more. You can make normal color leather items (black, white, gray) in any town for a very minimal price. If you want something out of the ordinary it shouldn't be cheap. Darker shades of black and red are harder to make, and because they are harder to produce they cost more.

Every town has this issue, there are different dyes in each town, and in every town the uncommon dyes are priced the same. Shadgard does not have any uncommon dyes because it is a mining town and nobody is going to spend hard earned riln on frivolous frilly colors.

In conclusion, you have special shades of red and black available to you. They cost more because they are not as easy for the shop to mix. You could be like Shadgard and have nothing but black, whites and browns available to you, but I thought you all would like some variants.

Edited to add :

I didn't mean for the glass used for vials to be the price that it was, so you'll see a minor price reduction. Horray?
Last edited by Zoiya on Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[CHAT - Lil' Skittles GM Zoiya escalates quickly]: *hugs Kent*
[CHAT - Kent "Gunney" Gunderman]: *gingerly hugs back*
[CHAT - Grandmaster Ardor will be NOM'd by a drakolin]: You can give Zoiya a bearhug Kent, she can handle it.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Neat! Thanks. Again, loving the new colors and the prices make a lot more sense now.
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.

Return to “Leathercrafting”