Sound Off!

A place to socialize out-of-character and off-topic.
Dorn

Sound Off!

Post by Dorn »

So, times are not so fantastic as of late.

Some of us may or may not be wondering how the rest of us are doing considering we are a bit of a tight knit community.

So. Personally, I'd like to hear how folks are and how they're managing and if anyone needs help in case we can assist.

Dorn
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Zeldryn

Re: Sound Off!

Post by Zeldryn »

Hey man! Hope everything's going as good as it can be your way.

We're hanging in here down my way in Pennsylvania. Confirmed cases all around, but still flying clean in my county. The kiddo and I have just been chilling out in the house for the last two weeks. The wife's work just got shut down, so she's with us now too, but my school's been shut down for two weeks or so.

It's all as good as can be, really. Hanging in there, playing it all one day at a time, and spending our time doing the things we can to keep from going crazy.

Hope the same can be said for you and the monster, too.
Sneaky

Post by Sneaky »

Am doing well. We've a number of cases in our county, the first one was 5 minutes down the road. Hope everybody is good.
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

Sick as hell, but can’t get tested. Either way I’m not doing so bad that I need to go to the hospital and I am well-stocked on food and meds, so it could be worse.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
gralkik

Post by gralkik »

preiman wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:22 pm Sick as hell, but can’t get tested. Either way I’m not doing so bad that I need to go to the hospital and I am well-stocked on food and meds, so it could be worse.
What about TP?
Sorry to hear that. I hope you'll get well soon. - Would you be able to get someone to send you a swab-kit so you can get tested?
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

gralkik wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:25 pm
preiman wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:22 pm Sick as hell, but can’t get tested. Either way I’m not doing so bad that I need to go to the hospital and I am well-stocked on food and meds, so it could be worse.
What about TP?
Sorry to hear that. I hope you'll get well soon. - Would you be able to get someone to send you a swab-kit so you can get tested?

There just aren’t enough tests around here, and my doctor is saying that unless you’re sick enough to need hospitalization, there just aren’t enough tests to go around. As I said though, either way I’m doing OK, if I do have it, it looks like it’s a relatively minor case. And yes I have plenty of TP, I buy it from Costco quarterly.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

I'm a healthcare provider, and our local and state health departments have all but denied our clinic access to testing for my patients, even though commercial laboratory testing is available in our area.

This has basically been the conversation:
"Well, you can't test anyone without our permission."
"Ok, can we ha-"
"No, you can't have our permission."

I've had half a mind to tell them to shove it and do the testing anyway, when it's clinically indicated. And now we're seeing positive test numbers start to taper, imagine that.
Sneaky

Post by Sneaky »

That sounds like the worse position to be in Jaster.
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
Caleb

Post by Caleb »

Healthwise I am good there. I run pipeline for various US oil companies. The industry is taking a beating right now. Most of our jobs on the books have postponed indefinitely. We are finishing out what has been scheduled, but I will be furloughed by May.
Financially, I’ll be fine since I have saved and invested. Time off will be nice. Been learning C# for the last few years and making a small project I was trying to put up on a dedicated server. I’ll have a lot of time to do that now.
Get out of debt or keep it to a minimum because the next year will be a global economic disaster along with this illness.
Hope you get better fast prieman!
"All I have are my codpiece, and my word...and I don't break them for no one."
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

I'm tired but functioning. Part of the supply chain, and due to a variety of reasons I'm the last person on site for my department (planning) to function as a lynch pin with actual Production.

Honestly in a pretty good place to weather it all, just have to keep kicking. Likely going to drop from stress before I am the virus and set up secondaries in that case.

At the same time, I'm so glad I don't have to work from home. Getting some fresh air going to work is helping keep me functioning.

Sorry to hear about some of your troubles, and especially yours Jaster. It sounds like a shitshow in some places.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.

Return to “General Socialization”