Checking in

A place to socialize out-of-character and off-topic.
Jirato
DEV

Checking in

Post by Jirato »

Hey y'all. I know I've been kinda distant lately. Just wanted to pop my head in and let you know things aren't terribad and I'm still alive and have an interest in CLOK. The whole new house thing still seems surreal to me and I'm not even sure where to begin. We're moving on Feb 18th, and I've already started packing up my precious video games (three giant dell computer boxes full! I'm too much of a gamer, lol). Still not sure if we'll even have internet in the new place on day 1 or not... Sales guy says our current ISP (Comcast/Xfinity) covers our new home, but then the letter the settlement services people sent me about getting all the utilities switched over and all had a paragraph about how even though Comcast wasn't available, many of their customers had success with satellite... EWW! NO THANKS.

Oh, and the days of working on CLOK at work are long-gone, I don't even have commercial internet at my new office, and the work network is locked down so tight there's no way I can connect to the server. :-(

Anyway, I like to keep things close because I work at my own turtle-like pace and don't know when I'll ever finish, but I feel y'all deserve to know what's on my mind (non-event related) for CLOK's future since it's been so quiet lately... Things I'll be working on in the near future include releasing the gambling house, working on a single sign on system using user accounts rather than individual characters, redoing the character ID system, setting up database character saves rather than flat files. I'm also thinking of getting rid of the current changelog format and just posting changes real time to the wiki as they happen, kinda similar to what I've done on my GUST-G project (http://www.gustg.com/index.php?title=Development_Log). I'd have to code up a new bot to scrape the wiki and make the info available in-game (and maybe in-Discord too, I'd like to try making a Discord bot).
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
jilliana

Re: Checking in

Post by jilliana »

Thanks for taking the time in your schedule to give us an update. It's really appreciated.

Wishing you the best on that move. It's a big step for sure. I think most CLOK players would envy your game collection and gear. :)
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
gralkik

Post by gralkik »

jilliana wrote:Thanks for taking the time in your schedule to give us an update. It's really appreciated.

Wishing you the best on that move. It's a big step for sure. I think most CLOK players would envy your game collection and gear. :)
Agreed.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Just a little status update. We've officially moved into the new place as of last Sunday. We still have so much more stuff to move from the apartment (keeping it until March 31sto due to the way the lease works), and lots of things still in boxes, including most of my computer peripherals.

I have my desk set up, and the Internet works, though I haven't tested the wired network connections yet. In theory they should be okay, and if not, that's kinda my career, so I can repair them.

If all goes well I should have computer access this weekend, but will still be incredibly busy. need to buy and install window treatments and stuff. I'll continue checking in in the BBS and Discord, though I may not reply to stuff. Hope to see yall soon.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “General Socialization”