The CLOK Player Cookbook

A place to socialize out-of-character and off-topic.
jilliana

The CLOK Player Cookbook

Post by jilliana »

A lot of the conversations on Chat always get around to the topic of food. Not only that, but it seems that a large portion of the playerbase loves to eat or cook, or a combination of the two. Of course, having a variety of players from different continents makes the conversations all the more interesting.

With that thought in mind I thought of starting a thread for having a place where players as well as GMs could post recipes.

Here's my first contribution to this thread. Enjoy.

Ensalada de Aguacate Recipe (Avocado Salad)
This one takes a long time but it is very much worth the wait. I learned how to make it when I went to visit my Mamá (granny) in the Dominican Republic.

Yields six servings
Ingredients
• 2 tablespoons of lime juice
• 2 teaspoons of olive oil
• ½ small red onions cut into strips (optional)
• 1 small red pepper cut into small cubes (optional)
• 2 large avocados (or 3 small ones)
• ½ teaspoon of salt (or more, to taste)

Instructions
1 Mix the lime juice and oil. Marinate the onion and pepper in this mix for about an hour.
2 Peel and slice (or dice) the avocados and mix with the lime juice, onions and pepper.
3 Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Enjoy! Looking forward to reading everyone else's recipes.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
preiman
CLOK Patron

Re: The CLOK Player Cookbook

Post by preiman »

so here is one of my favorite things. how to make your own queso fresco
Note, these instructions are not my original work, but simply the ones I use myself and find to work really well.

Step 1: Heat the milk.
Start with 2 quarts of the best-quality whole milk you can find. And 1 tablespoon of coarse kosher salt.

Step 2: In a medium saucepan, bring it to a boil, turn the heat to low, and add 3 tablespoons of distilled white vinegar.

Step 3: Watch and stir. Almost immediately, the milk will separate into curds and whey. If not, add one more tablespoon of vinegar. Continue to stir gently to encourage whey extraction and curd formation.

Step 4: Drain into a cheesecloth-lined colander in the sink. Let sit for 5-10 minutes, until the cheese is cool enough to handle. Form the curds into a ball or disc while squeezing excess whey through the cheesecloth. At this point the cheese is ready to eat, but if you prefer a drier, firmer cheese, you can set it on a plate or a sheet pan with a plate on top of it. Use some kind of weight — cans, pots and pans, or books — to press it down for 15 more minutes or up to a couple of hours.

it is a wonderful cheese for almost any Mexican meal, but it is not a melting cheese, so best served as is, or baked. it will not get gooey
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
Skjotur

Re: The CLOK Player Cookbook

Post by Skjotur »

Skjotur's Trail Mix

You will need:
  • ziploc bag
  • 1 cup granola
  • 1/2 cup peanuts
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup raisins
Instructions:
  1. Place all food ingredients into ziploc bag.
  2. Seal ziploc bag.
  3. Shake ziploc bag.

Return to “General Socialization”