GUST-G Website, Development Log, and Livestream Archives

A place to socialize out-of-character and off-topic.
Jirato
DEV

GUST-G Website, Development Log, and Livestream Archives

Post by Jirato »

I've been kind of on the fence whether to share this publicly or not. I've been working on another game project from scratch since early 2015. The development progress kinda came to a halt when Rias left and handed CLOK over to me, but I recently started getting back into it. If anyone took the player survey last year and remembered a question about a sci-fi space exploration strategy game where players compete for territory while managing fleets of starships... this is the one.

For those who are interested, lately I've been livestreaming every detail of the game's development and coding. There are links to each session in the Development Log entries. If you're really curious, it may give you a little bit of insight on how CLOK runs. The two engines are somewhat similar. I would LOVE to livestream CLOK's development/code work, but merely being connected to the server blasts me with all sorts of sensitive info that wouldn't really be appropriate to broadcast to the players.

Anyway, I won't plug it too much here. I certainly don't want to take away from CLOK. I will just leave a couple links for those interested.

FAQ: http://www.gustg.com/index.php?title=Fr ... _Questions
Development Log (With video links): http://www.gustg.com/index.php?title=Development_Log

Just so no one panics... to quote the FAQ (No one has actually asked this, but in my imagination, it's frequently asked):
Don't you work on another game project? How will that affect GUST-G development?

I am lead developer for another MUD called CLOK. CLOK is my main focus, however, it also has a team of dedicated GMs to make it a fun place to play. It doesn't require as much actual code and design work. I forsee myself splitting my time about 80%/20% between CLOK and GUST-G respectively.
This still holds true. My interest does wax and wane a bit, but CLOK will always be priority #1 between the two projects.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Dorn

Re: GUST-G Website, Development Log, and Livestream Archives

Post by Dorn »

I'd like to think it's true for every player of Clok, but I'd like to think we all recognize the GMs have a life outside of Clok. Not just families, friends, jobs, but other things they like doing for fun and entertainment.

We'd all love to see Clok continued to be developed both in terms of the code, but also in terms of stories and events but this isn't a job for you. No one expects you to be shackled to it for at least eight hours a day chipping away at it.

Have fun with it Jirato, and thank you for worrying about whether we'd all be concerned or not about it.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

And it's comments like that, Dorn, that make me really appreciate CLOK and want to work on it even more. Thanks.

I'll continue to work on both CLOK and GUST-G, and hopefully do awesome things for both.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Dakhal

Post by Dakhal »

I am in agreement with Dorn, I've never really felt that people need be chained to the game with hammer and chisel in hand. We're all people and have our own wants, desires and hobbies. Our own ways of doing things and means to enjoy the extra time in our life to the fullest. Of course, I will not deny that there have been times where I wished somebody was around, but I also cannot expect people to always be there.

As far as GUST-G (I laughed at the title posed on the FAQ) goes, I hope to see that it has some success. The premise of it is interesting and I'm not too sure I've seen an idea like it before, at least, in MUD(X) form. It's not really my cup of tea, but I am interested in seeing how it turns out regardless.
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

This sounds SUPER interesting. I'm very much looking forward to giving this game a go when it's ready.
“There is always a choice."
"You mean I could choose certain death?"
"A choice nevertheless, or perhaps an alternative. You see I believe in freedom. Not many people do, although they will of course protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.”
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I am also in agreement with Dorn and everyone else. It's an interesting concept and I'm looking forward to seeing its success. A lot of us play CLOK for fun and wouldn't begrudge you your time to relax and do something truly your own on your own time.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."

Return to “General Socialization”