Help me get my science fiction adventure series off the grou

A place to socialize out-of-character and off-topic.
preiman
CLOK Patron

Help me get my science fiction adventure series off the grou

Post by preiman »

So A friend and I are running a campaign over on InkShares to try and publish a novel we've been working on for a very long time.

The Amaranth Chronicles: Deviant Rising: By Alexander Barnes and Christopher Preiman

A group of freedom fighters join forces with a cybernetic killer to escape a totalitarian government that wants them dead.

"The Helix was created to revolutionize the way we communicate, connect, and share. It brought the entire galaxy to our doorstep. It gave us the ability to collaborate with a single thought, but even the purest of intentions can spawn terrible evil. What was once a vision of greatness has become something much more malevolent. Life, liberty, and love are now forbidden, and even reality is only what they say it is..."

you can find the campaign here, https://www.inkshares.com/books/the-amaranth-chronicles
There you'll find interviews with both me and the other writer, sample chapters, and some really fantastic art.

We decided to go with InkShares for publication this time around, because they can offer us everything any other publisher can, but without the normal barriers to entry. Instead, the book gets published, only if you and enough people like you want to see it published. Pre-orders are the name of the game here, if we get enough by the time the campaign ends, our book goes into production, if not, well you've lost nothing, but we'll be really sad. Do you really want that on your conscience?

So here it is, We really need your help. Please go check out the book, if you like what you see, and can afford it, please pre-order a copy. If that Ten bucks is too much for you, we understand, instead you can help us boost the signal. The more people we reach, the better chance we have of making our goal.
I'll give you that link again,
https://www.inkshares.com/books/the-amaranth-chronicles
Thank you all for your help, every bit of it means the world to us.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
Jirato
DEV

Re: Help me get my science fiction adventure series off the

Post by Jirato »

Just a FYI, preiman asked me ahead of time if it was OK to post this on the BBS.

I think it's ultra cool! We should support the creativity of our players outside of the game. I also love these specific kinds of books.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

OH, I forgot this yesterday.

We have a contest going!
Do you like free stuff? Why would you not?
Click this link and find out how a free thing can be yours!
https://1.shortstack.com/gLJX0k?_ga=1.1 ... 1452224380
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
Kent heads north.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Just put in my order for 3.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

Money is very tight for me, at the moment. But if I can manage it before the inkshare timer ends, I'll be preordering an ebook copy!
“There is always a choice."
"You mean I could choose certain death?"
"A choice nevertheless, or perhaps an alternative. You see I believe in freedom. Not many people do, although they will of course protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.”
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

Thank you so much. I really mean that
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
Kent heads north.
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

quick update here,
We got a flood of orders a couple weeks back, enough that InkShares decided to extend our deadline by two months. This was exciting because it gives us a better shot at hitting that minimum pre-order threshold. Sadly it also means that a lot of my time has been spent working hard to hit that threshold and making sure the manuscript is going to be up to scratch when we do.
I wantted to thank all of you who pre-ordered a copy, it means a lot to both me and my co-writer. This has been a dream for a very long time, and it looks like we might just make it a reality.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
Kent heads north.
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

so another update, after a long time and a lot of work the book is out, the link at the top will still take you to where you can order from us, but if you prefer the book can also be found on amazon, and I'll be linking that later today
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
Kent heads north.
Jirato
DEV

Re: Help me get my science fiction adventure series off the grou

Post by Jirato »

So, I heard from Prieman on Facebook that The Amaranth Chronicles is on audible now. I'm having trouble getting a link from my cell phone, but should be easy enough to search for. He didnt ask me to share or anything, but I'm sharing anyway.
Uyoku
GM

Post by Uyoku »

Here is the link for anyone interested.

https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Amaranth ... 6EA9SEW60J&
[GMCHAT - Developer Jirato (Discord)]: Sceptus Corvus, will it blend? *cheesy music plays*

[CHAT - Developer Jirato]: I don't know who you are, I don't know what you want. If you're looking for gear coins, I can tell you I don't have any. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you leave the cats alone, that'll be the end of it, I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will nerf you.
Zeldryn

Post by Zeldryn »

This gives me so much hope for my own projects. Good on you man! I'll be looking into buying a copy whenever I have some spare cash

Return to “General Socialization”