Fun fantasy reading - suggestions?

A place to socialize out-of-character and off-topic.
preiman
CLOK Patron

Re: Fun fantasy reading - suggestions?

Post by preiman »

Damn now I have another book I need to get. Thank god ebooks don't take any space or my apartment would be books and a bed crammed in somewhere
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
Elystole

Post by Elystole »

Ahelis wrote:Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynn Jones. It's such a fun, frolicking novel. Quite light-hearted and so easy to read, and the author's love for language is quite apparent.
That was a fun book. I've been meaning to get my own copy and the rest in the series.

Rias, I have to recommend "The Last Unicorn" by Peter Beagle. I've read it a couple of times and listened to the audiobook more. It's just... It's deeper than I expected it to be while still being a lot of fun. I said more about it here.

And I'm assuming you've read "The Princess Bride" by William Goldman. It is interesting comparing it to the movie and seeing what was changed to make it work for the different formats.
You overhear the following rumor:
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
Akila
Mentor

Post by Akila »

Rias, I have to recommend "The Last Unicorn" by Peter Beagle. I've read it a couple of times and listened to the audiobook more. It's just... It's deeper than I expected it to be while still being a lot of fun. I said more about it here.
I will second this recommendation. I was lucky that a good friend of mine sent me a signed copy when she met the author and it quickly became one of my favourite books and movies.
[CHAT - Mayor Bryce of Bryceburgh]: It's that funny metal thing you put in your mouth, Galon, and then it goes "Boing, doing, dwang, dwang, doing, ding, boing, dwahng."
04:06:02 [CHAT - Mayor Bryce of Bryceburgh]: You know, the thing Snoopy plays to help Charlie Brown remember "i before e, except after c"

Return to “General Socialization”