Extended Absence

A place to socialize out-of-character and off-topic.
Fayne

Extended Absence

Post by Fayne »

I apologize for being gone for so long before actually making this post, but you know how things go when your schedule gets busy.

Anyway, I have been gone for a while now, and I just wanted to say that's likely not gonna change anytime soon. I love CLOK, and I certainly haven't forgotten about it or any of the great people who play/run it, but I have been busy lately with a lot of things. And, as it happens, one of those things has working on getting back into school. I've been working on it for the past few weeks, and hopefully if things work out I'll be starting in just over a week. If they don't work out, I'll be starting in January instead. Either way, I won't be on much due to either classes or working on getting things together to go back in the Spring. I'll keep everyone updated on this thread, of course, and I may pop on CLOK here and there if and when I have time, but in all likelihood I'm probably gonna remain an inactive player for at least the next four years except perhaps during breaks from school.

I hope you all continue to enjoy playing CLOK and making the game better. I know things might seem a bit rough right now, but remember, it's these times of strife and unrest that make the good times shine bright.

I'll continue to be mostly active on the BBS, so if anyone wants to reach me, PMing me will be good, or just posting a reply on here.

I'll see you guys whenever I get the opportunity! GMs, keep improving CLOK and making it awesome, even when something you do isn't that popular. If it is the best thing for CLOK, it's the best thing, and sometimes the best isn't the most popular. And players, keep making suggestions to improve the game. It doesn't matter how many GMs we have, 3 or 300, there will always be a player with an idea that will improve the game in some way, and none of the GMs will have thought about it. Remember, the only bad suggestion is the one not suggested. But most importantly, be respectful to the people who are behind the scenes. At the very best, our GMs work for free, and our current Dev actually works for a deficit, even after monthly donations. They do what they do because they enjoy doing it most of the time, and want to see CLOK flourish. So please, by all means, bicker about this and that, but do it with respect.

You're all amazing people in one way or another, I love playing such an awesome game with all of you, and I look forward to the day that I can become fully involved in the game yet again. I'll see you all whenever opportunity allows!
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
merin
CLOK Patron

Re: Extended Absence

Post by merin »

Well, good luck, Fayne! I'm rooting for yout o get back into school in a week or two! Either way it falls, though, congrats.

Return to “General Socialization”