Jackie Chan

A place to socialize out-of-character and off-topic.
Bryce

Jackie Chan

Post by Bryce »

I watched Shanghai Noon again today, and I realized one of my favorite things about Jackie Chan's acting is that I've never seen him portrayed as some untouchable warrior-god. He's always shown as amazingly skilled and talented in his fight scenes, but at the same time he always takes hits, has moments where he's at a clear disadvantage, frequently looks scared or desperate (usually because he's outnumbered or at some other serious disadvantage), and stuff like that. I find that a lot more enjoyable than some bored-looking fighter who effortlessly takes out anyone who comes at them with a smug smirk the entire time. There's no tension or believability. You can be awesome and still be fallible, take hits, and be worried about how you're going to come out of the fight.
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
Elystole

Re: Jackie Chan

Post by Elystole »

Huh. I hadn't realized that about him. Probably because I don't watch a lot of movies.
You overhear the following rumor:
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
Rias
DEV

Re: Jackie Chan

Post by Rias »

You said "wet shirt not break", not "piss shirt bend bar!"
The lore compels me!

Return to “General Socialization”