What's your characters favourite item and why?

A place to socialize out-of-character and off-topic.
Kunren

Re: What's your characters favourite item and why?

Post by Kunren »

Taric's slender cobalt longsword with a filigreed silver hilt is probably my overall favorite item of his, followed shortly by his tattoos and new scarf.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Adaria
Mentor

Post by Adaria »

oh jeeze, hum what to put here, so many thnigs.

There are a couple of things that I would be sad to lose on Althea, though they could probably be replaced. I love her little tartan wrapped leather band that came with her wedding dress, that goes up there too. Also her wedding ring.

Does a house count? I mean, seriously, I love her house, like I said, al ot ofstuff. Also, glad this topic got bumped.
[[Althea (lying down, pie-splattered, haloed by light, calm, asleep, mesmerized)]]

Maric says, "The worrying thing, is that this cave seems to be safe, haven't seen anything in here."
a fallen dreadnaught arrives via a crack, armor clanking.
Maric says, "I shouldn't speak."

[CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: Evil is such a wonderful word. It defies "i" before "e", it defies goodness and when spelled backwards it defies death.
Hakon

Post by Hakon »

Hakon's cloak!

a deeply hooded dappled bear fur cloak
This cloak has been made of dappled bear fur and lined in a soft ivory cameline. Several pockets line the inside of the cloak and it is fastened at the neck with a wrought bronze bear paw.
It is open.

His favorite because the hunted the bear himself.
Made by Kyskie!
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

A sketch of part of Deep Home by Octavia. Dorn always has it on him, even if it brings out mixed emotions in him.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
ydia

Post by ydia »

Ydia's favorite item is a polished cabochon of black tourmaline which will be set into a bracelet at some point. She treasures this for a few reasons. First it came from Dimon who kept his promise to her that the first gem he found worth a damn was hers. It also protects against the negative, and could have other healing properties depending on culture.
You overhear the bartender exclaim to a patron, "What do you mean, you just want water?! Fine, fine ... but you'd better at least buy something to eat."
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

Lysse wrote:Due to the nature of the character, Lysse has very few items that she cares about a great deal. But among them are a bedrool given to her by Faylen, and a shortsword she took from a certain Mercenary. Unfortunately, I think both of the items were lost, so I can't show specific descriptions.
Lysse's (and my) favorite items have changed (sort of, the bedroom is still really cool on a level that I have a hard time expressing).

She has a short sword that she found in a very well hidden place. And a tiara. There was a LOT of fun RP centered around discovering these items. They have a LOT of cool hidden lore behind them. And there's a lot of IC significance around them for Lysse because of their (probable) cultural origins.

Also the image of Lysse wearing a tiara is funny to me.
Last edited by Lysse on Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
“There is always a choice."
"You mean I could choose certain death?"
"A choice nevertheless, or perhaps an alternative. You see I believe in freedom. Not many people do, although they will of course protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.”
artus

Post by artus »

Artus' favorite items are as follows :

Arrows : just any kinds of arrow. He likes watching them fly.
His handmade poultices : although they're not that good, he still loves having them around not just for himself but for anyone in need. Great mercy is taken by kind hands that is.
Any swords that fit his hand. Right now it's his steel falchian he loves the most.
Trees and waybreads, that guy sure smells home.
And his most favorite: anything crafted by Vidor, whom he places as his first and only deeply adored mentor since his time as Tse Gaiyan ranger. The most favorite in his possession is the ash flatbow Vidor gave, quality down from exquisite to average but he still loves it no less.

Editted this post due to timely changes that happened to the character. And as a reminder if anyone else wanna add more new posts.
Last edited by artus on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
[CHAT - Event Staff Uyoku likes NOM NOM NOM food]: You are holding a pepper-grilled Uyoku in your right hand.
This GM has been peppered and grillef over an open flame to a juicy perfection.
Uandir

Post by Uandir »

Atsushi's favorite items are a pair of gauntlets he go as a gift from a character, he likes them for the sole purpose of doing things that said character doesn't approve of because he has a "You made this possible" mentality, though he wears said gauntlets on special occassions!
Tamsin

Post by Tamsin »

Lysse wrote:Also the image of Lysse wearing a tiara is funny to me.
I am very jealous of said Tiara :P
Sneaky

Post by Sneaky »

You are holding a hand-made trophy in your right hand.
You carefully examine a hand-made trophy...
Obviously hand made, this trophy is made of pine wood scraps that have been crudely, but lovingly, shaped into a three column stand with a heavy base. The base is slightly larger than it should be and far from rectangular, but the top of it seems almost too perfect. Set upon the top is a wooden figure holding what looks like a tomato but painted orange with a tiny black smile on it.
It is a small item, mainly made of pine.
It appears to be of poor quality.
end roundtime
This is my absolute favorite item. It was given to Coanid by the Orphans in Shadgard as a prize for the best pumpkin carving last year. Really though, who's so broken inside that seeing that little pumpkin on top wouldn't bring a smile to their face?
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
sona

Post by sona »

Sona's "a squishy stuffed bowtruckle toy"

This stuffed plush bowtruckle is embroidered with lines of dark brown thread across the back of its
carapace to simulate bark-like ridges. Six leather legs and a set of squishy black leather mandibles
jut limply from it, and two multi-faceted obsidian eyes stare glassily from its head. The underside
of the stuffed toy is soft and velvety and would probably make a good pillow, despite its uncuddly
insectoid inspiration. White thread on the underside of the head spells out the word 'Clacky', and
when squeezed the toy gives a little squeak.
Dakhal

Post by Dakhal »

A citrine quartz that came from a lockbox.

It was a gift of remembrance by somebody dear to him at the time they held the same colour on the ESP(N) Network. This is no longer the case, and it seems sort of silly, but it still holds importance to him and he's carried it on his person since the day it was received.
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

Tamsin wrote:
Lysse wrote:Also the image of Lysse wearing a tiara is funny to me.
I am very jealous of said Tiara :P
You carefully examine a regal diamond-encrusted gold tiara...
Several small diamonds are set into the elegant, curving tiara, its overall appearance looking fit for a queen.
It is a small item.
It can be worn in the hat inventory slot.
It's pretty fabulous.
“There is always a choice."
"You mean I could choose certain death?"
"A choice nevertheless, or perhaps an alternative. You see I believe in freedom. Not many people do, although they will of course protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.”
Elystole

Post by Elystole »

This is an item from my first days on the MUD that was made for my character's background, but almost no one has ever seen it because he always wears it under his shirt. It's really the only thing connecting him to his past, and it's a constant reminder of why he does what he does the way he does it.
gold rings strung from a thin silver chain wrote:This long silver chain has obviously seen some wear, parts are slightly tarnished and worn. The chain is strung through a ring and a band. The ring is dainty and crowned with a solitare diamond and the band is thick and unadorned.
You overhear the following rumor:
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

Dorn wrote:A sketch of part of Deep Home by Octavia. Dorn always has it on him, even if it brings out mixed emotions in him.
Lost, a long while ago. So, these days... prized possessions. Hmph. I suppose there are only 2 things Dorn would consider irreplaceable now. A silver figurine of a dragon that Kiyaani gave him a long time ago, and his headman's axe. Dorn knows it is probably a lie that it belonged to Gudleifr, but he also doesn't give a damn. He finds it rather fitting that the axe of such a man has ended up in his hands, and will even adamantly agree with the theory that Gudleifr might have been the first Giganti even if... he also doesn't believe that. (I get that from an old lore post, I'd be interested to know if that was completely abandoned with the actual write up of the Giganti documents)
~Dorn
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Dorn wrote: (I get that from an old lore post, I'd be interested to know if that was completely abandoned with the actual write up of the Giganti documents)
This looks like a lorepertunity!

No? Didn't work? I think it worked. I'm going to write some more lore.

But in short, yes, that's a theory some people have as to where the Giganti game from, though it's certainly not a popular one among the Giganti themselves, who are all about the Mountain Father creation belief.
The lore compels me!
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

Rias wrote:
Dorn wrote: (I get that from an old lore post, I'd be interested to know if that was completely abandoned with the actual write up of the Giganti documents)
But in short, yes, that's a theory some people have as to where the Giganti game from, though it's certainly not a popular one among the Giganti themselves, who are all about the Mountain Father creation belief.
I love it when things just... fit perfectly, ya'know?
~Dorn
artus

Post by artus »

Bumping this one up too!
[CHAT - Event Staff Uyoku likes NOM NOM NOM food]: You are holding a pepper-grilled Uyoku in your right hand.
This GM has been peppered and grillef over an open flame to a juicy perfection.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

Islet has a short sculpting knife that's from his adoptive father that he uses for woodworking.
Otherwise, it's his masterpiece staff named "Peace and Harmony".

Return to “General Socialization”