Grinding sucks! we know

A place to socialize out-of-character and off-topic.
merin
CLOK Patron

Grinding sucks! we know

Post by merin »

Everyone says that grinding is aweful and that it's one of those things we all have to do.

I'm curious what you do to get through it and make it at least doable!
Dakhal

Re: Grinding sucks! we know

Post by Dakhal »

I usually have a secondary window with either a stream or youtube video playing to split my attention between my HARDCORE GRINDZ. But to be honest, I've found the best way to make it doable is to just not do it at all. I tend to only go out to grind now after I have a few RPAs and I get back to my character once those are done.
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.
Laroremas

Post by Laroremas »

Xyra

Post by Xyra »

Dakhal wrote:I usually have a secondary window with either a stream or youtube video playing to split my attention between my HARDCORE GRINDZ. But to be honest, I've found the best way to make it doable is to just not do it at all. I tend to only go out to grind now after I have a few RPAs and I get back to my character once those are done.
This is what I generally do as well. Watch some TV, play a game that can be easily paused and played in windowed mode, that sort of thing. Sometimes I write or code. Basically anything that can be done with half an eye on the other window and can be set down fairly easily.
Desmond

Post by Desmond »

I go all in for about thirty minutes. Then I start playing something else and sort of... slug along through the next few hours.

My effectiveness ain't the best lol
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

I couldn't deal with crafting grinding at all personally, but grinding combat skills is usually engaging enough to keep me focused. When healing up, I Peruse the boards or converse on chat. Recently did some foraging grinding however, and I thankfully was halfway occupied with another game in a separate tab for that.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Sneaky

Post by Sneaky »

I usually put on some instrumental music, like electronica instrumental, good beats, low key no lyrics, then just grind away, sometimes I'll pull up random articles on cracked.com or on wikis of games I like. Netflix works too, can't read though. I get too much invested in the book and I find myself losing track of what's going on in the game.
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

I agree. I can't watch Netflix, either, because you know, distraction.

I find myself sometimes when I'm grinding unable to even focus on music. If I'm listening to it on my computer, I can't hear my screen reader enough to focus on it. then I end up turning the music off and wishing I had something else to do to dull the monotony.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

It depends on the type of grinding I'm doing. If it's something crafty I tend to listen to podcasts or music because crafting is a bit more predictable.

If it's combat I usually tend to focus on that since it's a bit more action-packed and things are more likely to go wrong.

Lately though if I don't feel up to grinding, I don't do it at all. I don't force myself to do it because it's just a game.

Doing a bunch of RP for a while then going back to the grind of things does make it a bit fun, even if I don't have any RPAs pending.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
ydia

Post by ydia »

I will read, watch tv, listen to music, or RP!!!
You overhear the bartender exclaim to a patron, "What do you mean, you just want water?! Fine, fine ... but you'd better at least buy something to eat."

Return to “General Socialization”