Character Sketchings

A place to socialize out-of-character and off-topic.
Fayne

Character Sketchings

Post by Fayne »

So, hopefully on or near Monday I will be getting my drawing supplies back, and I was planning on taking the opportunity to make a sketch of Fayne and post it here. I also wanted to offer the opportunity for people to PM me descriptions of their characters, and I don't mean what the game provides either. Tell me what they look like in your mind, and I'll try to draw them.

In the meantime, I wanted to share with you some of my older drawings to give you an idea of my drawing skills and styles. Unfortunately, I could only find two of my frawibgs hidden in my phone's files, and one of them is over 10 years old, I believe. (It's the one in color) Anyway, the sketch without color is closer to my current style, so yeah.

I will upload the others I have as soon as I either find them or am able to get them scanned back in to my phone.
Attachments
This is the older of the two.
This is the older of the two.
Photo0112A.jpg (173.42 KiB) Viewed 5017 times
This is the newer and more accurately portrays my style and skill.
This is the newer and more accurately portrays my style and skill.
Photo0109A.jpg (71.35 KiB) Viewed 5017 times
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Jirato
DEV

Re: Character Sketchings

Post by Jirato »

You're very talented!
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Avedri

Post by Avedri »

Yay art! Thanks for sharing.
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

I have a cape just like that at home.
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

These I believe are the only two full-body drawings I've got. All the others are heads only. I also don't have any male characters drawn up and stashed away, but I can draw them. Heh

Also, I have to admit that I did use references for these drawings. No tracing was done, obviously, but these were back when I was just trying to copy images over to perfect my technique. These character deawings will be the first I do totally from scratch, so this will be a sort of experiment as well. Here's hoping everything turns out looking good!
olive

Post by olive »

References are always okay! Even professionals use them. Just think of figure drawing, where people draw nude models as a reference so they can better their craft. Or, rather, literally anyone who has ever existed using one thing in their life as reference/inspiration for something else. It's never anything to be ashamed of. That said, you have a neat style. :> I look forward to seeing your finished products.
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

Just an update on this: I did not manage to grab my sketching set while I was home, so I'm gonna try finding the necessary equipment to improvise soon. Stand by.
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

Alright, so, I still don't have my art supplies, but I did go ahead and buy a regular ol' lined notebook, so if ypu don't mind the sketching having lines through it, I can go ahead and sketch up some characters. I may consider adding in some shading to help mask the lines a bit as well, we'll see.

Also, I managed to find more of my old art buried in my Facebook profile! So, enjoy:
Attachments
This is actually a drawing I transfered over to a sheet of styrofoam to make a stamp out of back in, oh, 11th grade? Damn, this is one of my newer drawings, and it's five years old at least. Time sure does fly...
This is actually a drawing I transfered over to a sheet of styrofoam to make a stamp out of back in, oh, 11th grade? Damn, this is one of my newer drawings, and it's five years old at least. Time sure does fly...
FB_IMG_1427943058826.jpg (58.67 KiB) Viewed 4856 times
Not crazy about this one, the profile is not my strongest angle.
Not crazy about this one, the profile is not my strongest angle.
FB_IMG_1427943052821.jpg (23.97 KiB) Viewed 4856 times
Meh, this one is okay
Meh, this one is okay
FB_IMG_1427943065582.jpg (24.68 KiB) Viewed 4856 times
Perhaps my favorite so far. I'm still really happy with how this one turned out.
Perhaps my favorite so far. I'm still really happy with how this one turned out.
FB_IMG_1427943070259.jpg (33.19 KiB) Viewed 4856 times
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

:D too bad you can't get your supplies, but happy you are still gonna start anyway. Excited to see some more of your stuff!
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.

Return to “General Socialization”