No tech day

A place to socialize out-of-character and off-topic.
Vitello

No tech day

Post by Vitello »

So after spending a week in a mountain cabin with my girlfriend we agreed one day a week we would go without. No games, no facebook, no pointless distractions. We talk a lot more on this day, are more adventurous and focus better on pursuing our dreams in life. Don't get me wrong I was itching to log in all day lol.

Still tweaking the rules, internet research for parks or projects is ok, but no lolcats.

Amusingly a day after doing it I heard of friend saying about her boyfriend, "I want our relationship before smartphones back."

I recommend everyone give it a try.
jilliana

Re: No tech day

Post by jilliana »

I have these on occasion, and I completely agree, though I usually don't share them with anyone.
I usually focus on doing things that would help center me. Exercise, read a book, compose something, assorted girly things, draw...anything that doesn't require a computer. When I'm really lucky I get away for a long weekend and spend time with friends and just conveniently never plug in the laptop.
Of course, the squasher is when you get back into your e-mail and find an Inbox full of need-to-do's and have-to-do's or urgent request for something or other.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Solaje

Post by Solaje »

No tech days ruin my immersion.
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

Solaje wrote:No tech days ruin my immersion.
I really wanted to like this post, but then I realized I wasn't on Facebook.
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel

Return to “General Socialization”