Mistral Managerial Matters

Built on a lake, shrouded in unnatural fog, and under the law and protection of the mysterious Mistveil Keep.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Mistral Managerial Matters

Post by Rias »

First off, I've got lots of plans for events and a few new facilities to emphasize the unique atmosphere and feel of Mistral Lake. So, hopefully people enjoy that as things come along.

The question of the day for Lake Lurkers is this: what is lacking in Mistral Lake? What is in need of an update or overhaul? Keep in mind that I can't add any new mechanics or code new systems or new item functionalities or anything like that. So ... Shops? Crafting facilities? Trainers? Guild NPCs and appropriate facilities? Atmospheric NPCs? Other stuff?

No guarantees on anything, just wondering if there are particular things people in Mistral Lake want to see looked at and possibly added.
The lore compels me!
Kierae

Re: Mistral Managerial Matters

Post by Kierae »

Actually really like the sleepy, creepy lakeside town vibe that might not have all the 'wants' but has all the 'needs'.

Helps with contrast to the other two towns IMHO
Skah

Post by Skah »

Mistral is fairly full-featured, but there are some things I'd love to see.

1) Facilities
- Fishing boats
This may be too elaborate, but it'd be really neat if you could hire a boat to take you out to the lake to fish. It would be similar to a workshop mechanically, and maybe there'd be different types of fish there or a boost to rolls.

- Canim Bounties
Not something my character would take part in, but perhaps the town could have a standing bounty on canim within the ruins (which carry very little riln, so there's no huge balance issues). You could loot some, er, object from the corpses, and turn them in for riln.

- Old Vatjnfall <-> Pelos Road
It always confused me that there was no sign of the remnants of a road between two rather large former Aetgardian cities. Even if it wasn't usable (in terms of travel energy/roundtime), a few wilderness room description changes suggesting bits of an old road would be neat.

- A sign outside the Vatjnfall entrances
A skull and crossbones or something to the effect of "KEEP OUT". It's definitely the most dangerous place people stumble into, and I find myself recovering adventurous new players and confused old players rather often!

2) Trainers
- Perception Trainer. (It's always risky to ask for trainers, but I'm fairly certain there isn't one of these in Mistral).

3) Atmospheric NPCs:
- Dock workers, trade barges, etc. There must be a lot of river trade, as the roads aren't great and Mistral lake is connected to the rivers in the region. It'd be really neat to have some NPCs and room messages suggesting this, especially by the docks.

- Random NPC/room messaging in the Upper Bluffs. It's a bit bland at the moment.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I would love to see atmospheric NPCs, especially now since the town seems so much more deserted.

I agree with Skah about a perception trainer. Otherwise it's pretty near to perfect as far as NPC trainers go.

A place to train climbing? Maybe not in town but somewhere nearby.

I'm not sure if it ever happened, but the menu at the Pumpkin needs some major updating, in my opinion. It's pretty bland compared to the other towns.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

I'd love to start seeing shady sorcerers and other folks walking around.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.

Return to “Mistral Lake”