Biggest Catch Board

Built on a lake, shrouded in unnatural fog, and under the law and protection of the mysterious Mistveil Keep.
Vinz

Biggest Catch Board

Post by Vinz »

Would be really neat if there was a record board for peoples fish. Based on weight and maybe even rarity of the fish...assuming those are both things that matter!
-*- GM Vinz -*-
Haite says, " ...Diamonds are also hard, really really freaking hard."
jilliana

Re: Biggest Catch Board

Post by jilliana »

This reminds me:
I was just remembering how when I first started playing there was a claim that there was going to be a fishing event. I wonder if that ever happened? It was supposed to have been some fishing competition.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

I believe that was Orris, and I don't know that it ever came to pass.

I've wanted various leaderboards or whatever in town halls for a long time now. Biggest fish caught, largest produce grown, and so on. Ideas of more things to track would be welcome.
The lore compels me!
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

Okay, this is my country side showing, but I could see having a leaderboard for biggest stag killed. Or even most impressive set of antlers collected from them (Hunting trophies, yay!). More ideas: Most game hunted in an hour (and the only way to qualify is if you do so without upsetting the Gaea), Best story ever told (For our Mummers), and Most pies baked in an hour (For our cooks, and if it got competitive, then everyone who doesn't cook would have a great supply of pies to buy!). I know some of those aren't the best ideas, but they're still ideas!
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

The Gaea can lick my right toe. One should still qualify if they upset the Gaea. The Gaea doesn't give out the trophies.

I would honestly hate to see leaderboards though. This type of thing promotes pointless competition, abuse of mechanics, etc and is really just an annoyance. I don't really see a benefit to the community from all the time it would take to track activities and implement this. One time leaderboards (where you can only compete across an event) that stay up permanently are even worse... just expressing my hatred for leaderboards. If they're implemented, I also suggest a leader board for most leaderboards used in a campfire.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I agree with Acarin.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

jilliana wrote:I agree with Acarin.
Mark this on your calendars people! We'll be celebrating the anniversary of the first time someone agreed with me next year.
TwistedAkai

Post by TwistedAkai »

I feel like these leaderboards would require bringing in the item in question (the game kill, the fish, etc) to be graded, for a touch of realism and to make room for ICly cheating. Would probably also drastically reduce the overhead. As for whether or not upsetting the Gaea would matter, that would obviously depend on the town/village running the board. As would what they run on the board.

For any timed leaderboards, if they're done, you'd have to get a signed parchment from the office running the board with a start date/time, and get it back to them within the time specified.
You also notice the corpse of a canim scavenger (x169).

Return to “Mistral Lake”