Winter in Mistral

Built on a lake, shrouded in unnatural fog, and under the law and protection of the mysterious Mistveil Keep.
Alila

Winter in Mistral

Post by Alila »

Hi,
Sorry--maybe this is a silly or ignorant question from someone who has experienced snow only one time eleven years ago, but would Mistral Lake freeze during winter?
[ESP-GRAY - Amaranth-Purple]: Yew should always respect your Alders. If you do, you'll do Oak kay. If you don't, they might kick your, um... Ash.
In the large bird's nest you see a pewter mug.
Kiyaani

Re: Winter in Mistral

Post by Kiyaani »

Rias wrote: Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:05 pm Mistral Lake and the surrounding area usually has pretty mild weather.
Hey Alila,

The quote above is from another thread, but the basic answer (unless something changed) is: probably not. I don't think it's a silly or ignorant question. It's entirely possible for lakes as big as Mistral to freeze given the right conditions. But geographically, or perhaps not entirely for that reason, that part of the world has always seemed too warm to freeze.
Alila

Post by Alila »

Thank you! Dreams of ice skating on Mistral are forever ruined. Hmm, but I suppose the barges and ferries are safe. ;)
[ESP-GRAY - Amaranth-Purple]: Yew should always respect your Alders. If you do, you'll do Oak kay. If you don't, they might kick your, um... Ash.
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

If it did, you’d have a very unhappy kraken.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

lake_kraken_below_ice.png
lake_kraken_below_ice.png (21.14 KiB) Viewed 7068 times
Description for VI users and people who can't interpret my horrible attempt at drawing: A patch of clear ice beneath which can be seen two tentacles knocking on the ice from below, and a single octopus-like eye. A text balloon reads: "Guys? Hello? A little help here?"
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
Alila

Post by Alila »

This is so wonderful. Thank you.

Return to “Mistral Lake”