Bounty Hunting

Mercenaries of the Western Coalition, specializing in nonmagical combat and tactics.
Methiur

Bounty Hunting

Post by Methiur »

I'd like to see something develop out of the bounty hunting system. Here are some ideas I have:

Integration with town wanted posters
Instead of simply asking about a bounty, we have a list of all bounties currently available and on the table and it would be dependent on which guild leader you are speaking with. This can still include NPC driven bounties like it is now but it wouldn't work like the task system and it would be competitive. The size of the bounty would help Mercenaries determine difficulty of the capture. For example, there is a board might look like this:

1) 500 riln - NPC1 (murder, sabotage) - Bald, hazel eyes, etc...
2) 300 riln - NPC2 (random crime) - Description
3) 100 riln - NPC3 (random crime) - Description
4) 1 riln - Rias (rowdiness) - Description

NPC Locators
The idea here would be to spend gold (for NPCS) and potentially guild points in order to locate an individual. This would give an area description and some other information to help the Mercenary track them down. This would not be the best way to locate someone and partnering with PCs would still be preferable.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Re: Bounty Hunting

Post by Rias »

Something like this will be part of some automated events to supplement the task system, with stuff anyone can participate in. Notorious bandit gang rumored to be hiding out near Westbrook? Anyone can go help - Mercenaries and Templar (for example) will get guild points for participating in dispersing the bandits.

That said, I do like the idea of some of them being more exclusive to Mercenaries, in that if people want something like this taken care of, it's likely they'd go to the Coalition Mercenaries specifically for help.
The lore compels me!
criticalfault

Re: Bounty Hunting

Post by criticalfault »

Perhaps add in an ability for PCs to place bounties like the Trader's thing where players can place orders ;)
Jhordon -(Struck by lightning) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X69NaSUdzzA
Cigano - (Friends on the other side) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZAY-78zhmw

Return to “Mercenaries”