Haiban Barracks

Mercenaries of the Western Coalition, specializing in nonmagical combat and tactics.
Makkah

Haiban Barracks

Post by Makkah »

I'd like to propose that the instanced rooms in the Haiban Barracks for us mercenaries have a weapon rack that can hold a few weapons.

Would also be nice for the footlockers to hold a full suit of plate.
Kiyaani

Re: Haiban Barracks

Post by Kiyaani »

This sounds like a good idea. We have a way to store at least one huge weapon for the templar and a certain other guild has a weapon rack as well. It only seems fair and reasonable considering the guild that mercs would have this also.
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

BUMP please. Just lost a weapon because I thought it might be safe on the ground (they're not) because it would not fit in the footlocker.

Weapon rack and armor table? Pleeeeease?
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

How would y'all feel about having more accommodations in your quarters, but having to pay a nominal monthly rental fee?

I really want to get away from the mentality of mercenaries as organized soldiers in a military sense. I think giving them "barracks" kinda enforces that, so I'd like to change the whole thing.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

Sounds good to me. Rec points? Or just straight riln?
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

Bump. Men-at-arms would really benefit from having a weaponrack or armor-stand in their barracks corridor :/
Kent

Post by Kent »

i have been inclined to not put anything valuable in my 'barracks' room because part of me doesn't trust the game code not to lose it.

I store a few valuables I might need while in the Haiban area in the bank vault instead.

In the place of the Barracks, could Mercenaries instead be given a guild shop? After generalized abilities came in, there is precious little in the Mercenaries Guild to make a knowledgeable player want to have his character join them. Give us a shop with a few items like a longsword, poleaxe, and a couple other weapons not available in Haiban or Mistral; items to wear like the gold and black rings that the Patrolmen wear, suits of Glossy Black plate armor, a distinctive wool tabard. And especially 1 riln bandages to help reduce the high medical costs of doing tasks.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822

Return to “Mercenaries”