Charge w/ Horses

Mercenaries of the Western Coalition, specializing in nonmagical combat and tactics.
Methiur

Charge w/ Horses

Post by Methiur »

Assuming the mercenary has learned the Charge ability, can we have this work with horses as well? At present it just does damage but it does not provide the knockdown or bonuses.
Methiur

Re: Charge w/ Horses

Post by Methiur »

Oh and by bonuses I mean the synergy with Adrenaline Rush :)
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Charging on a horse is different from charging on foot. A horse charge is a more powerful melee attack with your held weapon. If you want to do a knockdown charge with your horse, try TRAMPLE.
The lore compels me!
Methiur

Post by Methiur »

Rias wrote:Charging on a horse is different from charging on foot. A horse charge is a more powerful melee attack with your held weapon. If you want to do a knockdown charge with your horse, try TRAMPLE.
Rias, I tried the trample command today. It does function like 'charge' though it does not give an Adrenaline Rush. Can this be added? Should I move that request over to the request forum?
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Rithiel will have to decide whether that type of knockdown should count (since Mercenaries is her guild). I think it'd be a little goofy, since it's really the horse doing the work and not you, but eh.
The lore compels me!
Methiur

Post by Methiur »

True, with that line of reasoning I think charge makes sense since you are still performing the damage whereas trample does not and rely's upon the horse.

Return to “Mercenaries”