Ability idea: Counter Attack

Mercenaries of the Western Coalition, specializing in nonmagical combat and tactics.
Baylee

Ability idea: Counter Attack

Post by Baylee »

I've been playing a merc basically since I started playing CLOK. I definitely like all the command abilities they can get to make them more offensively capable (feint, hamstring, charge, coup), but it seems they are lacking in passive abilities. First off, I was thinking it would be cool if mercs had a access to a riposte ability, but then it came to my attention that the Udemi have such a skill that is restricted to just shortswords and rapiers. So I thought about it some more and wondered if mercs are supposed to be unofficial weapon masters, why should they be restricted to a riposte with shortswords or rapiers? Maybe they should have access to a passive ability nobody else does, such as a counter attack or strike. It could be similar to the riposte, but,due to mercs' weapon focus, should not be restricted to a specific weapon type. The counter attack ability would give mercs a passive chance to counter attack after a successfully parry or dodge (no block, as using a shield inherently gives a bash chance) no matter the weapon they are using. Logically, the size and of balance of the weapon should affect the chance of performing a counter attack. An ability like this would go a long way in making mercs feel more like the weapon and tactic masters they are apparently meant to be, because it could increase their offensive capability in both single and Multi-opponent combat. Leave comments and let me know what you think!
dara

Re: Ability idea: Counter Attack

Post by dara »

I like thed counter attack ability after a dodge or parry happens it makes sense more after a parry after a dodge should be a fist strike or something like you dodge a hit and throw a punch.
Truth is better business
Honor is servicable
Smiles are the success

Return to “Mercenaries”