New Skill Idea: Back-to-Back Combat

Mercenaries of the Western Coalition, specializing in nonmagical combat and tactics.
Makkah

New Skill Idea: Back-to-Back Combat

Post by Makkah »

A mercenary is a master of battleground tactics. By guiding an ally to fight back-to-back with the mercenary, both parties are afforded great bonuses to their combat.

Usage: btb [friendly target]

Adds an EFFECT for an undetermined amount of time (based on Melee skill) to both the mercenary and ally that temporarily boosts melee skill and parry defense as well as adds a resistance to PRESS attacks and ambush-type attacks.
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

Pre-reqs: Tactics Mastery, Multi-opps, 250 melee
Landion

Post by Landion »

Something like this wouldn't be a bad idea. I'll have to toy with some ideas when I get some time. Perhaps having the effect multiplied based on how many people in your group are also trained in this, and providing some bonuses for being in a group for you and your members.

I see this helping with:

- The multi-target defense push down.
- Ambush attacks
- Flanking

Along this same line of thought we could perhaps look at something like a"Leadership" ability where your can 'Lead" when in your group and provide tactical bonuses of some sort.

Hrm...
No longer GMing for CLOK.
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

[quote=Landion]
Along this same line of thought we could perhaps look at something like a"Leadership" ability where your can 'Lead" when in your group and provide tactical bonuses of some sort.

Hrm...[/quote]

Love it.

Return to “Mercenaries”