Charge

Mercenaries of the Western Coalition, specializing in nonmagical combat and tactics.
Nootau

Charge

Post by Nootau »

Is this supposed to knock the target down and keep them down while you can get back up and attack them several times before their RT penalty clears up?
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I'm not sure I'm understanding. You shouldn't need to be getting up after charging, since you can't do it unless you're already standing up. It should often allow at least one attack while they're down, though. It'd be pretty useless if they can just stand right back up before you can follow up the charge with another action, like an attack.
The lore compels me!
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

I was assuming the charger also got knocked down as well, my mistake. I just found it odd that I was charged, knocked to prone and left like that for 10-15(it varied oddly) seconds of round time.

Seeing as a successful charge will result in its victim's death, what are the possible ways of resisting a charge?
Last edited by Nootau on Sat May 12, 2012 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

A successful charge doesn't mean death, it means you're knocked over, just like the result of several of your aero and hydro elemancy powers. The way to avoid charges is to dodge them. If you're getting roundtimes that high, you're likely failing your defense rolls quite badly.
The lore compels me!
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

I wasn't aware that Aeromancy or Hydromany(or come geomancy mixes), caused RTime to their targets. I guess I really need to work on my dodge then, thanks for the insight.
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Of course they cause roundtime. You think we all just laid there and let you slaughter us in the arena for fun? Lol
Speaking to Garith, you exclaim, "Ban' baaan'!"
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Rias points at you.
A blast of air surges toward you! (R: 125098 vs D:95)
You fall to the ground!

Roundtime: 10 seconds.

st
You stand up.
Roundtime: 1 second.

A hurricane-force vortex of air expands outward from Rias!
You are struck by hurricane-force winds!
You are sent hurtling through the air and land painfully on the ground!
3 crush damage -- to the right arm, somewhat deflected by some copper plate
vambraces.
(energy -3)
Roundtime: 5 seconds.
The lore compels me!
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

I thought you were trapped in your own RT from your last action. It doesn't show me the kind of effects that it inflicts. (*first time seeing aeromancy from a victim's PoV*)

Is this RT added on or does it reset the RT penalty the target is currently under?
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

All roundtime stacks.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Mercenaries”