Seems the citizens don't follow their own rules

A haven for those who have a love of sorcery or little patience for moral and ethical squabbles.
Akila
Mentor

Seems the citizens don't follow their own rules

Post by Akila »

charmseek
You knock on a residence door and hold out your chainmail-draped leather bag in anticipation of an offering. A moment later a resident opens the door, sees your bag, and places something in it before closing the door again.

l in bag
In the chainmail-draped leather bag you see ...
a small iron pyramid
I had to laugh.
[CHAT - Mayor Bryce of Bryceburgh]: It's that funny metal thing you put in your mouth, Galon, and then it goes "Boing, doing, dwang, dwang, doing, ding, boing, dwahng."
04:06:02 [CHAT - Mayor Bryce of Bryceburgh]: You know, the thing Snoopy plays to help Charlie Brown remember "i before e, except after c"
lin

Re: Seems the citizens don't follow their own rules

Post by lin »

I think this was supposed to be a trick rather than treat.
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

I believe it's fine if the amount is equal to just a ring or something.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
lin

Post by lin »

I'm not sure I agree. I think iron is kind of a big deal in the Outpost. Having a bit of it in possession is one thing, but gifting some random Corvite with it seems like asking for the bad kind of trouble - something that most anyone would probably avoid.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

It's their way of discouraging people from coming to their house and bothering them for silly, annoying traditions. Kind of like those people who give out sugar-free "candy" or pennies to trick-or-treaters.
The lore compels me!
lin

Post by lin »

Rias wrote:It's their way of discouraging people from coming to their house and bothering them for silly, annoying traditions. Kind of like those people who give out sugar-free "candy" or pennies to trick-or-treaters.
I can see that.

Return to “Corvus Outpost”