Wilderness critters

A haven for those who have a love of sorcery or little patience for moral and ethical squabbles.
Vitello

Wilderness critters

Post by Vitello »

I ask it be considered something else wander the wilderness outside of Corvus. Shades can pack a wallop and there is no reason to dig in and fight/kill them. Coyotes, wolves, and other animals at least yield skinning practice and meats. Bloated carriers can possibly pay for the infirmary visit afterwards.
Kiyaani

Re: Wilderness critters

Post by Kiyaani »

I'd like to ping this again. Even if the shades remain, there are typically three of them at once and in a small area, they like to stack up. All the other major towns have a single threatening presence - bowtruckle (which only happens when it's warm enough) and young canim (which hits, as Lars would say, like a pansy). You're lucky if it's not cold or raining and their already high damage isn't amplified further.

While it's not so much a problem once you reach a certain skill level and can relatively safely rush on by, the fact that the outpost is so adamant about its no iron policy, coupled with the ever-present nether activity makes certain daily activities (such as simply hauling a wagon) a real burden. One hit to a horse and you're stuck in minute + round time.

I guess what all this is saying is... can we have the shades re-evaluated? Either, get some rooks to control them for Corvites to pass safely, reduce them to a limit of one active like other towns, or change them to something a bit more tame.
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

They are very annoying. Especially with the lack of road to make moving around quicker in the area. Been stuck in 60 second roundtime myself due to a shade popping up and hitting my horse.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

Bump. Oh wait Kiyaani posted today. I also think that the shades ought to be looked at, since in one blow they can drop a body part down to moderate damage.

I'd rather deal with snarling wolves or something than the shades we've got now... It's troublesome and while they're easily dealt with, it's doesn't seem fitting that they'd be wandering shades around that region.
We're a town that accepts necromancers, outcasts, etc. If there are local shade and nethrim rising in the region, it would take a few seconds for a fraction of the population to simply tame them and go on their merry way.
Noctere
Coder

Post by Noctere »

*A note has been posted up on the town courtyard center board*

Thanks to a few of our loyal citizens the local wilderness nethrim have been subdued. Unfortunately, for some unknown reason, they cannot be eradicated entirely. One in particular keeps reappearing despite our efforts, please use caution when in the area.
It's not easy being evil...
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

You're the best =)
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Wimps!
Lun wrote:it's doesn't seem fitting that they'd be wandering shades around that region. We're a town that accepts necromancers, outcasts, etc. If there are local shade and nethrim rising in the region, it would take a few seconds for a fraction of the population to simply tame them and go on their merry way.
Funny how nethrim can be so darned hard to control and contain, even by skilled sorcerers, isn't it? You would know!
The lore compels me!
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

Maybe... just... maaybe latest developments have helped that out?!?!
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Considering the 60+ second roundtime if your horse gets hit just once, and then you're stuck getting hit repeatedly waiting, I don't think it's a wimpy request.

Return to “Corvus Outpost”