Couple cooking suggestions?

merin
CLOK Patron

Couple cooking suggestions?

Post by merin »

Hi again all!

So in desperation for something to do on one of my characters, I have decided to cook. This is presenting a bit of a challenge – everything requires meat or money, both of which my character feels he has enough of or doesn’t need. Anyhow, here is my proposal.

One way this could be done in my opinion is with a cookie sheet (I love mine IRL for cooking everything on), so, why not be able to slap a potatoes or four onto it and cook it in the oven until baked? If we want to get real fancy, we could cut/core/whatever the potato and add some chase to it. If we cook a few potatoes with a strip of meat, they would also be changed. Here is how I was thinking it would work.
Cooking just potatoes:
You take a bite of your baked potato. Mm mm.
Quite dry and bland, but still filling.
You take a bite of your baked potato. MMM.
You detect the subttle hint of <insert spice> (garlic/salt/basil/oregano/pepper/red pepper/etc.).

With cheese:
You take a bite of a baked potato, mmm!
The cheese adds some flavor to the otherwise bland potato.

With meat and cheese:
You take a bite of your baked potato with flakes of deer meat. Mm mm!
The deer meat and cheese baked into the potato create a refreshing and satisfying meal.

Also, this could be done with corn:

Just corn cooked.
You take a bite of your corn on the cob. Mm mm!
The flavor messages could get fun here.

Undercooked: the corn crunches…a little too much. But it’s ok.
Perfectly cooked:
The corn crunches agreeably as you bite into it.

Over cooked:
The corn has an awful mushiness to it. Maybe not so good.

Add cream or butter:
The corn crunches/whatever message/ and the butter/cream adds a subtle flavor.

You could even add salt and pepper.

How to cook corn: Pot with water or stalk and spices.

Breads:
Much like cookies, this could get interesting. I invision a yeast packet or something would need to be added. But one pack of flower, one or two harvested wheat, a bread pan, and a packet of yeast would make a loaf of bread. Or if you want to make flatbread, forego the yeast. If you’re out in the wilderness with no oven you could use a skillet to make pan bread.

Pastas:
Smash up a tomato or two, throw in some spices and some water or other ingredience as desired and create a pasta sauce. You could make a garlic based sauce, too if desired – substitute garlic for tomatoes.
Use the pasta from the store, throw the sauce and pasta into a pot with some other stuff – say tomatoes, peas, carrots, etcetera, and cook it. If desired use meat too to create a pasta.

Soups:
With water and vegetables we can create vegetable soups.

Sorry for this being extremely unorganized but those are some ideas I’ve been pondering over the last few days.
jilliana

Re: Couple cooking suggestions?

Post by jilliana »

I really like this idea to a degree.
I did post something recently about having vegetarian options
There are already potatoes you can buy that you cook on the skillet along witha few other things. :)
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

jilliana wrote:I really like this idea to a degree.
I did post something recently about having vegetarian options
There are already potatoes you can buy that you cook on the skillet along witha few other things. :)
I know nothing of cooking IG, but can you just roast potatoes or squash or carrots, etc? If not, that's something that'd be great. If so, yum.
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

Waaaaaaat/ You can cook potatos on skillots? I tried with the ones I farmed. I'll have to search for where they're at.
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

maybe what we need is a clok cookbook. something to tell us what can be cooked, and how.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
Elystole

Post by Elystole »

preiman wrote:maybe what we need is a clok cookbook. something to tell us what can be cooked, and how.
Here's a partial list of recipes. If anyone wants to share how to do what isn't listed, I'll add it.
You overhear the following rumor:
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Elystole wrote:
preiman wrote:maybe what we need is a clok cookbook. something to tell us what can be cooked, and how.
Here's a partial list of recipes. If anyone wants to share how to do what isn't listed, I'll add it.
Awesome! I'll take a look at that and take notes.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."

Return to “Cooking”