Different meat

Drayla

Different meat

Post by Drayla »

So, I've been hunting quite a bit the last couple of days, and I noticed that while pretty much all meat bears the name of the animal it came from, it is still just a chunk of meat. It'd be nice if we could get different things from some animals, like ribs from boars, steak from bison, venison from deer and stags, breasts from pheasants and drumsticks from turkeys.

Also, it'd be nice if we could have a way to turn some meats, like deer meat, into jerky. Jerky makes a good travel food, because it doesn't spoil as quickly as regularly cooked meat, and it is filling. All it would take is some strips of meat, some salt and seasonings, and a fire to smoke them over.
Elystole

Re: Different meat

Post by Elystole »

Regarding jerky: You can already slice meat into strips and season it when you cook it by putting seasonings in the skillet. I've been RPing (in my own head because no one has asked me what I'm eating - except Lae) that my strips of meat are jerky. A few strips of meat, chunks of cheese, and pieces of bread and I feel like my character is actually eating food. Travel food, yes, but at least it isn't cram day in and day out.
You overhear the following rumor:
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
Drayla

Post by Drayla »

I imagine the strips as more of a thick bacon or something similar. Not thinly-sliced, crispy stuff, but still cut up into strips that are only a few bites big. Plus, I imagined jerky as being slightly more filling. I guess I could see the strips being jerky if you could put them on a skewer and cook them that way, but by cooking them in a skillet or pan it makes them practically impossible to be jerky.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

We want to do a cooking overhaul in general, which could include stuff like this. Or rather, we all want it done, but nobody wants to actually do it. Heh heh.
The lore compels me!
Drayla

Post by Drayla »

If I had any idea as to hiw to do it, I'd offer to do so. Sadly, I know nothing about coding, so I'll just sit here and cross my fingers instead. *crosses fingers*

Return to “Cooking”