Exceptional Cooking

qinweiqi

Exceptional Cooking

Post by qinweiqi »

When I type 'skills cooking' I see "Cooking is useful for procuring edible foods from hunted animals and fish. At higher skill levels one can even prepare particularly fine meals, some with additional beneficial effects."

Are the beneficial effects implemented? How can I tell if I have crafted exceptionally fine food?
qinweiqi

Re: Exceptional Cooking

Post by qinweiqi »

Posting a bump in hopes of getting an answer.
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

I may be mistaken, but I don't believe there's any special coded benefits to food beyond the restoration of hunger/nutrition. I don't think that there's actual coded quality for food yet.
Drayla

Post by Drayla »

Actually, cooking fish on skewers has a sort of "quality." if your cooking is low you May get a fish that is under- or over-cooked, but still edible. Seems to me this is the only case of food quality though, and it doesn't really affect anything. I suspect quality is probably not too far off though, and special benefits added to exceptionally good food will probably make an appearance in the future. I suspect that cooking is not very high on the to-do list for revamping though, so I wouldn't hold my breathe.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

The text reflects what we want the skill to be eventually, but currently, there's no benefit to well-cooked meals. There isn't really even a quality system yet - food is either succeed or fail (charred mass).

The descriptors on skewer-cooked meals are random.
The lore compels me!
Drayla

Post by Drayla »

Ah, that's helpful to know. Now I won't be frustrated once I get my cooking really high and still get slightly charred meat from a skewer.

Return to “Cooking”